News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moog offset UCA bushings

Started by runningman, August 04, 2009, 02:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I just want to double check the correct installation of these, another post mentioned that they should not be installed per the instructions and they should be "installed with the front bushing arrow pointing out and the rear bushing arrow pointing in in order to get a more positive caster"  Is this correct?  Also do I need the metal ferrules pressed on that came with them also?  Thanks

Matt

HPP

That is correct on the orientation for maximum caster. I don't know about the ferrels.

runningman

b5blue

Hey Matt can you post a photo of what you got? I'm going to be using them to correct caster so they will be staggered..... :scratchchin:

runningman

Neal, I will take a pic when I get home from work today.  Here is some info I received over on Moparts

"The offset bushing were originally marketed as "problem solvers" to solve the problem of "not enough camber". Therefore, some packages will include printed installation instructions to that end. Rather than try to remember by rote which instructions are the wrong ones, and which are the right ones, consider getting the concept straight. That way, it doesn't matter if you have your computer [or that screen print] handy or not when it comes time to do the job.

The bushings shift the control arm in the direction of the arrow molded into the rubber. If you install both the front and the rear bushings with the arrow pointing outward (as the included instructions might recommend), you are shifting the upper ball joint outboard, which is an increase in CAMBER. This isn't what you want.

If you install the front bushing pointing out, and the rear bushing pointing IN, you are shifting the upper ball joint rearward, which is an increase in CASTER. This IS what you want to do.

It's all about what direction you are moving the upper ball joint."

b5blue

You are spot on! That's what I wanted to see!(and do) It will be next year I'm going to let everything "settle in"(new T Bars and rear springs) then change out to 11 3/4 disk and re-check alignment, I just got it adjusted and camber is good but they couldn't get caster exactly right (only 1 degree off) Still drives great though!  :2thumbs: THANKS!

runningman

No problem, glad this is helpful.  I will take pics of the ferrules when I get home as well.

Matt

b5blue

runningman

Here is a pic of the ferrules

b5blue

Now I get it Thanks Matt! they go between the installed bushing and the brackets on the car.  :2thumbs:

runningman