News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cover for the charger

Started by Foreman72, August 04, 2009, 08:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

so i'm looking at getting this cover from paddock for my 72...it will be kept in a barn but i still want a decent cover on it...know of anything that fits well but doesn't cost $75 bucks plus s/h?

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

ODZKing

If you're going to have it inside and just want to keep the dust off, EBay the least expensive one you can find.  With shipping most times you can find them for around $35.
They range from that to $135 but the material is no different.
Just my  :Twocents:

Foreman72

Quote from: ODZKing on August 04, 2009, 08:23:20 AM
If you're going to have it inside and just want to keep the dust off, EBay the least expensive one you can find.  With shipping most times you can find them for around $35.
They range from that to $135 but the material is no different.
Just my  :Twocents:
well its probably going to have to do a bit more than keep the dust off...not much more but you know...
is it a one size cover?
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

resq302

Got a pretty good one for my charger from Pep Boys.  Was a Technalon cover.  Looks like a almond color soft fuzzy cover that has held up pretty good over the years.  Only thing I have had to have done was have my mom add some more elastic to it as it seemed to have stretched over the years.  Cover is now going on over 9 yrs old.  One thing I have noticed is that it seems to have some yellow dust starting to sit on the car when I roll the cover off of it.  Probably from age though.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Foreman72

Quote from: resq302 on August 04, 2009, 10:21:29 AM
Got a pretty good one for my charger from Pep Boys.  Was a Technalon cover.  Looks like a almond color soft fuzzy cover that has held up pretty good over the years.  Only thing I have had to have done was have my mom add some more elastic to it as it seemed to have stretched over the years.  Cover is now going on over 9 yrs old.  One thing I have noticed is that it seems to have some yellow dust starting to sit on the car when I roll the cover off of it.  Probably from age though.

do you remember what size it was? price?
Eric "Foreman"

resq302

Size was exact for my car, maybe a little larger.  Then again, mine is a second gen charger.  They have a chart that you look up for your car and then it gives you a letter for what size cover will fit your car.  I want to say it was under $100 for it, maybe something like $75.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TylerCharger69

I bought one of those cheaper 35 dollar covers.  Trust me.....don't waste your money.  I got maybe 2 months use out of it before it started to dry rot, and tear easily.  (garage kept)  I even had the cable lock it comes with as an option.  Ya want a good cover...I'd suggest spending at least 100 bucks...just my  :Twocents:

Foreman72

Quote from: resq302 on August 04, 2009, 10:37:56 AM
Size was exact for my car, maybe a little larger.  Then again, mine is a second gen charger.  They have a chart that you look up for your car and then it gives you a letter for what size cover will fit your car.  I want to say it was under $100 for it, maybe something like $75.
do they have sizing all the way back to 72? :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

ODZKing

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on August 04, 2009, 11:02:51 AM
I bought one of those cheaper 35 dollar covers.  Trust me.....don't waste your money.  I got maybe 2 months use out of it before it started to dry rot, and tear easily.  (garage kept)  I even had the cable lock it comes with as an option.  Ya want a good cover...I'd suggest spending at least 100 bucks...just my  :Twocents:
See ... now I bouht one of the $35 ones in 04.  It goes on and off the car almost everyday. On all winter and I even bring it when we go to shows and it sits outside.  No dry rot, no elastic problem-it's still OK, and it has gotten wet many times, been in the sun etc..  It only has 2 little rips in it, both of which I did by trying to pull when I shouldn't have.
Brian says he paid $75 and has had less luck with his.
So I guess you're on your own on this one foreman.   :shruggy:

Foreman72

Quote from: ODZKing on August 04, 2009, 11:56:34 AM
See ... now I bouht one of the $35 ones in 04.  It goes on and off the car almost everyday. On all winter and I even bring it when we go to shows and it sits outside.  No dry rot, no elastic problem-it's still OK, and it has gotten wet many times, been in the sun etc..  It only has 2 little rips in it, both of which I did by trying to pull when I shouldn't have.
Brian says he paid $75 and has had less luck with his.
So I guess you're on your own on this one foreman.   :shruggy:

bummer...well i guess i'll have to see what i find @ the pep...and of course paddock's is still an option...
Eric "Foreman"

Martian R/T

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Stay away from the cheap covers, you wouldn't buy your baby a cheap blanket, why buy your car a cheap cover, go to the summit website and look up Wolf brand covers, I just got a Noah cover for my 70, and it is the nicest and best fitting cover I have seen, it fits perfect and even protects from little bumps and dings, I bought what was supposed to be a good cover and it lasted about a year before it started tearing and coming apart, I kept having it repaired and fixed for a couple more years, but it finally just fell apart it was a 100.00 dollar cover, I'm sure you would be better off to step up to a nicer cover the first time. :Twocents:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

resq302

For some reason, I want to say that the ones we have purchased for all 3 of our cars was either Budge or Covercraft.
Brian

Belgium R/T -68

I bought one from The Paddock, wouldn't change it for anything else I ever seen. Rather heavy though. :eek2:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

resq302

No offense but if you got it from the Paddock, you probably could have gotten it  cheaper elsewhere and saved a hell of a lot on shipping.  They have left a bad taste in my mouth with their previous orders.
Brian

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Foreman72 on August 04, 2009, 08:20:33 AM
so i'm looking at getting this cover from paddock for my 72...it will be kept in a barn but i still want a decent cover on it...know of anything that fits well but doesn't cost $75 bucks plus s/h?

I have one that I put on my 69.  It's a cover an ins company gave my sister because they did work in the garage she parked in.  I'll dig a picture up later, but send me20.00 pay pal and i'll ship it you.  Rob.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Silver R/T

quality costs money. I would see how soft it is inside, you don't want some rough cloth scratching your Charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Foreman72

Quote from: resq302 on August 04, 2009, 03:29:58 PM
No offense but if you got it from the Paddock, you probably could have gotten it  cheaper elsewhere and saved a hell of a lot on shipping.  They have left a bad taste in my mouth with their previous orders.

hence the thread...i was trying to get the scoop on quality covers that i can get inexpensively
Eric "Foreman"

1969chargerrtse

The one I have is fine.  I put it on my car several times before I bought the Air Chamber.  It is an inside cover only though.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.