News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what type of stall

Started by victor08, July 29, 2009, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

victor08

wanted to install a stall but waswondering what size would be good for cruising and weekend driving no racing

lisiecki1

to choose an appropriate stall you should include information about how your engine is built, your final gear ratio, and your tire size.  If you just want something to wake it up a little bit from stock then get something in the 2500 rpm range (commonly called an RV convertor where I'm from).
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

victor08

Quote from: lisiecki1 on July 29, 2009, 01:20:25 PM
to choose an appropriate stall you should include information about how your engine is built, your final gear ratio, and your tire size.  If you just want something to wake it up a little bit from stock then get something in the 2500 rpm range (commonly called an RV convertor where I'm from).
thanks that sounds like what i am looking for

firefighter3931

The turbo action 11in street hemi converter works nice on a cruiser. It's important to match the converter with the rest of the build for best performance. What cam are you running ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

victor08

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 29, 2009, 08:59:34 PM
The turbo action 11in street hemi converter works nice on a cruiser. It's important to match the converter with the rest of the build for best performance. What cam are you running ?

Ron
I dont know when i bought the car it had been rebuild and has a mopar purple cam i believe dont know lift.
I just wanna light up the tires every now and then.

Purple440

When you hit the pedal hard, when does the cam come in?  2000 RPM or where abouts?

victor08

Quote from: Purple440 on August 01, 2009, 09:10:48 PM
When you hit the pedal hard, when does the cam come in?  2000 RPM or where abouts?
roughly around 22-2500rpm

Purple440

That's about where I'm at - went with A&A Transmissions:
http://www.aandatrans.com/Departments/Chrysler-727-Trans/Torque-Converters.aspx

You'll want something around 2800-3000 stall if you're like me  :2thumbs:

victor08

Quote from: Purple440 on August 01, 2009, 11:53:47 PM
That's about where I'm at - went with A&A Transmissions:
http://www.aandatrans.com/Departments/Chrysler-727-Trans/Torque-Converters.aspx

You'll want something around 2800-3000 stall if you're like me  :2thumbs:

good burnouts and god overall performance

victor08

Purple440

I got the 2600-2800, but it will get up to 3000 if it's under heavy load.  If you talk to them they're tell you the stall is the range, but depending on the engine power, it can vary.