News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Planned Trek to T'ga

Started by Kismgby, August 03, 2009, 10:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kismgby

From my house to the Aero event is about a 12 hour drive.  I'm planning on leaving Wednesday and staying the night in Louisville, KY and then getting to Alabama on Thursday.

Going home, I'll probably do the reverse and stay Sunday night in Louisville again.

Would love to meet up with anyone along the way either way. 

Aero426

We are probably leaving Milwaukee Tuesday after the morning rush hour and staying overnight somewhere in TN along the way.

hemi68charger

Would be great,, but I'll be heading up from the deep South of Texas.......  YeeeHawww !!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 03, 2009, 11:53:50 AM
Would be great,, but I'll be heading up from the deep South of Texas.......  YeeeHawww !!
oh no troy is going to paint   01  on the side of his tona

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

We're leaving Chicago about Midnight Thursday morning and driving straight through.

That should put us going through the Louisville area around 4:30 am - how early do you want to get up?

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on August 03, 2009, 11:57:20 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 03, 2009, 11:53:50 AM
oh no troy is going to paint   01  on the side of his tona

:icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Kismgby

I'd be game.  I'd also be sleepy, but who needs sleep?   

Kismgby

I've just booked by stay at the Hampton Inn.  Not the host hotel but since I can use points for a freebie stay, I'm there.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Kismgby on August 03, 2009, 12:31:55 PM
I'd be game.  I'd also be sleepy, but who needs sleep?   

You can sleep when your dead.....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

My plan as it is right now is to leave here on Thursday night after work, and drive straight through which should put me in the area very early on Friday just in time to hang out. Coming home, I'd love to cruise back with a group though. That is if there are any others leaving before the race is over.

pettybird

hey Danny do you drive fast enough?  we left a couple wings behind who only wanted to do 60 last time...

70Sbird

I'm planning on leaving central IL early Thursday AM (No, not at early as Dave K!) and driving down trying to minimize driving in the dark. (deer, critters etc...).
I figure that will put me down there Thursday Evening.
I have been thinking about Sunday though, I will probably take off and start heading North soon after our appearance/laps are over and then possibly spending the night somewhere, then finishing up Monday.
who's going to head back North on Sunday afternoon?

Scott Faulkner

hergfest

I believe we will be leaving Seattle on Saturday.

moparnutty

I'll leave Arkansas on Wednesday and stay till Monday, that is if I can get the C500 back together by then.

69_500

Quote from: pettybird on August 03, 2009, 04:17:34 PM
hey Danny do you drive fast enough?  we left a couple wings behind who only wanted to do 60 last time...

I'm not sure if I will be driving fast enough or not. If I get the rear end swapped out then I'll be fine, but running any faster than 65-70 with the 4.10 gears in it now would be a little rough.

CornDogsCharger

Since I'm in Mississippi, it will only take 4-5 hours... lucky me!  I will probably drive over Thursday morning.  I will me in a lonely Chebby truck.  But I'm definately Mopar at heart!  So do we get nametags???

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Aero426

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on August 03, 2009, 09:11:33 PM
Since I'm in Mississippi, it will only take 4-5 hours... lucky me!  I will probably drive over Thursday morning.  I will me in a lonely Chebby truck.  But I'm definately Mopar at heart!  So do we get nametags???

Justin
"CornDog"

Nametags, yes.

70Sbird

Justin
"CornDog"
Justin, where abouts in Mississippi?
I may try and combine this with a "work" trip and not use all vacation days.
I may be in Corinth MS (NE corner of the state) before or after the events in 'Dega
Scott

Scott Faulkner

Mopurr

We will head back after laps and traffic calms down, I think that Jim Wells is also on that plan and we will go back up through Nashville then through KY into Evansville IN.

Scott you are probably coming down I57?  to I24 which you could run with us until after Clarksville TN and a note at this point  in time I 57 was at a stand still for Construction Last Wed. took 20 minutes to go 1 mile.

Remind me to check before the trip my sister travels down it weekly and we can steer people around the construction areas before Marion IL

Fleeners were interested in joining up with a group as they come through the Nashville area.

70Sbird

Hello Sherri.....
I'll likely go I55 , bypass St. Louis, I64 over to I57 in Mt Vernon, then south on I-24 to Nashville then I65 south from there.
At least that's the plan for now. :2thumbs:
Mapquest says about 11.5 hours for the trip from home to Alex city

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

I'm starting to get excited just thinking about it!
:drool5:

Scott Faulkner

440mop

I'm planning to get into L.A. on the 21st and meet up with my Brother in law who's will have flown in from England and is going to share the driving.
Hope to get the car out of the docks by the weekend and drive to the event, will have to see how the time goes but at the moment the plan is to try and restrict driving on the interstates and take the scenic route, I have a satnav that I got free when I bought a lot of spares, so that should help.
Is there anyone else driving from CA?
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: 70Sbird on August 03, 2009, 10:18:18 PM

Justin
"CornDog"
Justin, where abouts in Mississippi?
I may try and combine this with a "work" trip and not use all vacation days.
I may be in Corinth MS (NE corner of the state) before or after the events in 'Dega
Scott

I will be coming from Jackson which is centrally located.  Your trip won't be as long as mine.  Wish we could caravan together.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Dave Kanofsky

We're planning on leaving once the race starts - before the race all roads lead into the track, and unless you are in an ambulance you are not getting out.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

We hope to drive into st louis tuesday night and leave from st louis weds morning and drive straight through.

We will leave the track just after the laps to head back .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

Sounds like a significant number of cars willl be heading North right after the laps.  :2thumbs:

Scott Faulkner

Mopurr

Scott

On Sunday you can travel back part way with us until we split toward Evansville just as we enter into KY. that is if you would like to.

I will get road updates for I57 and post the week before, the area that I mentioned is only about 8 miles south of Mt. Vernon where I64 & I57 meet. Hopefully by the time the meet gets here the majority of that road work will be finished

Sherri