News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Galen provided the tag?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, August 02, 2009, 09:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Khyron

"installed an original am/fm thumbwheel radio that I bought on ebay for $1,000"

the bidding on mine starts at $800!!!!!

*edit* also, you would think for $40,000 they would have refaces the gauges. and whats with that windshield wiper motor?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

What's with the extra hole on the door beside the mirror? My '69 has the same thing... :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Khyron

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 02, 2009, 10:02:10 PM
What's with the extra hole on the door beside the mirror? My '69 has the same thing... :scratchchin:

read the article. :nana: it said there was an after market mirror on her.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Dans 68

Wow...it's also one of the rare "X5" vin cars....maybe Galen really did provide a tag?  :scratchchin: Nah....  :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Blown70

Think they could have taken care of the pitted mirror for $40,000?

68charger383

Quote from: Blown70 on August 02, 2009, 11:21:26 PM

Looks like a previously restored car that is starting to head down hill. Car has some small :scratchchin: issues (no fender tag) but looks pretty good overall.  :Twocents:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Blown70

Quote from: 68charger383 on August 02, 2009, 11:42:13 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on August 02, 2009, 11:21:26 PM

Looks like a previously restored car that is starting to head down hill. Car has some small :scratchchin: issues (no fender tag) but looks pretty good overall.  :Twocents:

$40,000 though?  Sorry.... Not a terrible car but NO WHERE near 40

devilgear

That car is about 10 minutes from my house...

Just 6T9 CHGR

My intention was to warn of the horribly fake tag that "Galen" made with the incorrect B15?? code....not really to pick the car apart but so be it ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rav440

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 03, 2009, 08:43:19 AM
My intention was to warn of the horribly fake tag that "Galen" made with the incorrect B15?? code....not really to pick the car apart but so be it ;)

now i understand what you were getting at , or atleast oi think i do , because i was always undeer the impression that if your fender tag was missing and you had the build sheet GG would make a reproduction of the fender tag . but adding codes to the tag is not good .

what does B15 mean ?

:popcrn:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: rav440 on August 03, 2009, 08:57:05 AM

what does B15 mean ?

:popcrn:

Nothing....thats the point.   Probably should have been B51 for power brakes but in another respect its probably good that the code is screwed up to show that its a fake tag...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bigred68

Quote from: devilgear on August 03, 2009, 12:18:04 AM
That car is about 10 minutes from my house...
Devilgear, Hey, PLEASE make an appointment with this guy to see this car!! I REALLY think  :Twocents: this is a scam. The misspelled words in the description, the way the guy actually DESCRIBES the car; "This 1969 Dodge Charger RT is a true RT, not a clone.  I purchased this vehicle in 2004 and since then the entire drivetrain has been rebuilt including the engine, transimission, axel, rear end, front suspension, rear suspension, gas tank, and brakes."
I know I NEVER refer to bigred as "this vehicle" and I never refer to a rear-end and axle as separate components. I'm REALLY supprised I don't see in the description anywhere about "this vehicles posi rear end" "The transmission was completely rebuilt and shifts very smoothly." Really, is this the way to describe a recently rebuilt transmission? (Mine shifts HARD, crisp, nails second gear with a vengeance) "I replaced the front drum brakes with disc brakes." I'm NOT sure but, didn't R/T Chargers ship from the factory with front rotors? "440, 4 barrel carb" So, I guess a 440 Charger R/T may have come from the factory with a 2bbl. Whatever. I am NOT interested in purchasing this car, just interested in proving it a scam..... or not? :icon_bs:  
:cheers:

Shakey

Aw c'mon Chris, you've been here long enough to know that it is common for members here pick apart another's car and point out how little they know about this hobby.

Blown70

Quote from: Shakey on August 03, 2009, 09:35:24 AM

Aw c'mon Chris, you've been here long enough to know that it is common for members here pick apart another's car and point out how little they know about this hobby.

:shruggy:  Well if you put your car out there and suggest a $40,000 I for one would expect some picking apart.  Hell Bring it.  THAT IS In my opinion a VERY NICE car.  Just not a $40,000 car there Shakester.....(mike)

Hemidoug

Quote from: Shakey on August 03, 2009, 09:35:24 AM

:smilielol:  ...if'in you think that's bad you should hear some of the stuff that's said on the show field at Carlisle........

The best part is when you ask them "so where is YOUR Hemi car"........ :rofl:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

PocketThunder

Jeez settle down you guys.  The car is real and the seller is real.  I've seen this car and i even got the guys number here somewhere, his name is Brian.  The car is in nice shape from what i remember, it was 3+ years ago when i saw it.  There are two cars with this color and interior in our area and one of them was for sale a year back or so.

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bigred68

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 03, 2009, 11:08:13 AM
Jeez settle down you guys.  The car is real and the seller is real.  I've seen this car and i even got the guys number here somewhere, his name is Brian.  The car is in nice shape from what i remember, it was 3+ years ago when i saw it.  There are two cars with this color and interior in our area and one of them was for sale a year back or so.

Paul
Thunder, I BELIEVE YOU!! I do believe the car is real, and in your area. I do believe that you believe that Brian owns the car. Heck, makes sense since user name is bkueppers. But don't you agree that something fishy is going on here? Possibly Brian's eBay account has been hacked? Possibly someone is selling his car for him? (they just haven't, or maybe have? stolen it out of his garage?) I just gotta say, I smell a rat. In his only 2 feedbacks that we can read, (THANKS eBay) 1 of those feedbacks is actually spelled incorrectly!! If I was trying to sell bigred on eBay, I'd leave my phone number in the description. I would reserve the right to cancel bids in the description, (based on feedbacks, quantity, positive, negative, etc.) I would've used spell check before trying to sell my prized possesion that "This was my dream car since I was 15 " and I wanted to sell for forty grand. I believe :Twocents: that this eBay description was written by someone who thinks they know MoPars, and thinks they have a descent grasp on the English language but actually... they don't.
SCAM!! :cheers: