News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just for the record...

Started by TylerCharger69, August 02, 2009, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Last night, I posted an offer in the online swap meet category under parts wanted.  The topic is entitled "Trade??...Maybe??"  It basically says That I'm willing to trade my original '69 engine (still in the car running) and transmission for a '69 driver side fender.  Well  I was called crazy for that (...and no...I'm not offended at all...haha)  The way I see it...I'm not a miser, and if it would help someone out who needs a correct year engine for their build/ resto...then I think it would be put to better use other than taking up space in my garage doing nothing.  I'm posting this here because I don't think your supposed to reply under that topic, even though I did  (sorry mods).  Anyway....I thought I would post this in the Charger discussion board to speak my peace about why I'm doing this.  This isn't a factory original car anyway...and that doesn't matter to me.  The fender is worth more to me than an engine collecting dust when another member here could use it.  Sorry all......just thought I'd explain myself......Ace

ralley72

I don't think it's crazy to sell or trade your engine, its yours and you can do with it as you please. I like the idea of helping other people out with their cars with parts when I can. Too bad I don't have a fender because I would make that trade.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

dodgecharger-fan

I don't know if I want to kiss you or slap you.. lemme think about it.  :laugh:

My car was originally a 383. However, it came to me with a 440. The 440 was rebuilt and then sat for a few years and once I got it, it's sat ever since. So, I have some engine work ahead of me no matter what.

I always thought it would be cool to find the original engine and put it in but a date correct engine never really crossed my mind   :scratchchin:
Maybe because I was thinking, "I already have an engine so.."

Every thing else is there on the car... so why not make the fender tag correct even if the numbers don't match?

I have two left fenders that both need work and I even have a lower patch panel. For that matter, I could throw in a right fender if for nothing more than a source of sheet metal. There's even a lower patch for that too, if needed.

TylerCharger69

So....is that a reply of interest??  That sounds like a sweet deal to me.  I would like to see some pics of the fenders if I may, of course.  I must tell you, that I'm still using the engine until the 440 is built.  (gotta get around somehow...haha)  I'm not sure if you read the post in its entirety, but I'm going to use the aftermarket valve covers (Mopar black wrinkle finish) on the 440 along with the water pump housing, distributor, (going to change out shafts) oil pump, which is brand new, and the oil pan and pick-up tube.  I DO have the valve covers from the 440 which need to be severely cleaned up, the water pump housing from the 440 with a passenger side bottom hose outlet, also needing cleanup (hence me needing the one from the 383). I have another 383 distributor...points version, and the oil pick-up tube.  The 440 oil pan was toast which is why I need to use the one from the 383.  The 383 does have a miss in cylinder 6.  Not sure if it's a bad valve guide or maybe a cam lobe, but it still runs good. It's a simple fix I'm sure.  I can give you more details if you like over the phone if you want my number.