News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problem

Started by BigBlackDodge, August 02, 2009, 12:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

I'm just throwing this out to get someone Else's view..... :brickwall:

My father has given my daughter a 2000 Grand Cherokee w/ 150k, she'll soon be driving.... :icon_smile_cool:

The issue I'm having with it that it will not stay running for long. When it's been sitting a while (an hour or so) it fires right up, runs smooth and rev's easily. But after a few minutes the rpm's drop and it stalls out, it will not fire until an hour or so goes by.

The Jeep has been sitting for approx 8 months unused prior to me getting it and it ran fine. At first I thought the fuel filter was clogged but I replaced it with no better results. I added fresh gas, about 7 gallons in all and a bottle of 'Heat' to help remove any water in the tank which reads slightly more than half full on the gauge. Nothing has helped so far.

It's also showing no codes on the on-board diagnostic check.

Any ideas before I have it towed to a shop? I have a trusted mechanic but would hate to miss something simple!

Thanks for any input. :icon_smile_cool:

BBD

451-74Charger

go to jeepforums.com They have a ton of info on that issue.

Silver R/T

almost sounds like distributor problem to me
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlackDodge

Update.

I started the Jeep when I got home work today...........and it runs perfect now! :icon_smile_big: I let it idle in the driveway for about 45 minutes running the a/c and heater and reved it up little to blow things out....no troubles.

My best guess is that there was a little water in the tank that has now passed through the system.

BBD

Todd Wilson

Hows the battery?   The newer vehicles will wig out if a battery is weak. Even though it can start the vehicle it wiggs things out if the battery is weak.

Todd

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander