News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Suspension details

Started by 68RRFlyer, August 01, 2009, 10:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RRFlyer

Hi Guys,

I just got done, well...almost, with my customer's 68 R/T front suspension detailing.  I'm still waiting for new balljoints and other parts too, but in the meantime I wanted to mock everything up and see how it looked.  I used spray cosmoline with a tape line to simulate the dip line on the lower control arms (complete with a few runs! :2thumbs:) and after the cosmoline dried a bit, I cleared them.  You can still smear the finish if you handle them roughly, but dirt and such won't stick to the waxy finish this way. I didn't have any Krylon battery spray or I probably would have gone that route.  But I'm happy with the way they came out though.  I also have a few questions;

1.  The center drag link showed some remnants of what I though was black paint.  Were they painted black or should that be natural steel too?  I haven't replicated the markings I found on the nuts and adjusting sleeves on the tie rods yet.  I'll do that after I bolt everything up for the final time.

2.  Strut arms:  Are they black, natural, or something like silver cad?  I have them natural right now

3.  Not pictured is the sway bar.  Is that black, or natural?  I'm finishing that up this month and want it to look correct.

Thanks guys!

Cheers  :cheers:     
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

68RRFlyer

Here's the control arms...

Cheers  :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee