News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Long time lurker finally posting!

Started by Bill Howell, August 02, 2009, 11:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noff57

Nice.... that's the look I am going for on my 73... It reminds me of the car that was beside the pro fit booth at mopar nationals.

Also need more pics.   :2thumbs:

Matthan

bigred68

OMG. Just AWSOME, I'm sorry guy's, I'm a 2nd gen guy at heart but this Charger is AMAZING!! WOW. Please Mr. Howell, keep the pictures coming!!!
:cheers:

Brock Samson

pretty tasty, i actually like the wheel tire combo,.. hows she handle?..  :popcrn:

Charger440RDN

DAMN!!! That car is perfect! The Wheels look just right on it!!  :2thumbs:

mopar73

Nice car.  I like the photobucket album you posted :D :D  Mopars at the Mansion must have been a blast!!!

Bill Howell

Oops, sorry about the mopars at the mansion pictures...haha, not really.

We got the car aligned today and the vintage air charged. The car is unreal as far as handling goes and plenty of power. 25mph in second gear, mash the GO pedel and things get busy! You have to be really careful or you will A) go up in smoke B) be on the rev limiter C) be sideways. I can not wait to mount the 18s w/888s on them to see if I can hook up some. The car handles like it is on rails, I have gotten braver today and put it into some curves pretty deep, no issues at all.
Bill Howell

Bill Howell

Quote from: DavidSL on September 04, 2009, 04:24:42 AM
Wow, that IS nice!  :drool5:

I've never really paid much attention to the third gen Chargers before - but I gotta say that's one good lookin' ride!  :2thumbs:

Are the 3rd gen different in size, or is it just me? It looks a lot lower than the '68-'70 models?

I agree with the sound clip - best of all a video of that beast!  :popcrn:

I am truely no expert. I think the third gen cars a a bit wider than the second gen and may actually be shorter? I can tell you this, the vinyl top makes the car look shorter, just an eye thing.

I will be autocrossing this car in about two weeks. We will get some video of that and youtube it.
Bill Howell

Mefirst

Spike

Bill Howell

How about a shot with the race wheels and tires on it?

It is amazing how much wheels changes the looks of a car.
Bill Howell

Nitrox

I liked the rendering. Nice color combination. Hows that bigass 'cuda decal coming along? Im really curious to see how that looks on a 3rd gen.

Bill Howell

Bigass decal will be on next week, just in time for the Hot Rod Magazine shoot next Thursday.
I will be sure they get a shot of these subframe connectors when they are here.....hehe

Bill Howell

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Nitrox

Why didnt you go with the 8.75 rearend? Hows the trackbar response? Worthwhile?

Bill Howell

Quote from: Nitrox on September 08, 2009, 10:23:15 PM
Why didnt you go with the 8.75 rearend? Hows the trackbar response? Worthwhile?

I understand most people say the 8.75 would be enough, but to me it just had to have a DANA. Overkill probably, but I will not worry about hurting it.
Panhard bar certainly keeps things in place. We are still adjusting to find the sweet spot. With the 888s the car hooks great with the three link setup. I am looking forward to see how well it does on the 1320.
Bill Howell

Nitrox

Where did you purchase your rear suspension system for the Dodge?

Bill Howell

Bill Howell

Bill Howell

I have had a couple pms about the rear end. here are several shots of it. XV sent us their kit, but we beefed up some of it. I know me, and I have been known to abuse things. The last thing I wanted was to rip out the top mount they sent and deep six the rearend and rear body, hence the extra gussets, etc.

It is tough to get the right angle to show the real workmanship here. The best part of it all was the swaybar, which you can not even see. It runs thru the tube mounted up high and mounts on each side, almost completely stealth but works fine. You can see the bar tube in the third picture and if you look to the left right at the tire, you see the black arm and bracket on the rearend. This was before we installed the heim joints to complete the swaybar hookup.
Bill Howell

gonzoe

Bill Howell

Ok, got the car out for it's first bit weekend guys. Not only did I hold the annual RTTHs event here in Pigeon Forge, that included a cruise on the tail of the dragon and a autocross, but also Hot Rod Magazine shot the car for a feature, more on that later.
Here is a couple shots of the car in action

A couple photo shoot picts

This one was after a successful burnout, he was just late with the picture.

You can look thru all these to see what the event was all about. We got rained out for drag racing on Sunday, but still a great time.
http://s778.photobucket.com/albums/y...wire454/RTTH5/
Bill Howell

gonzoe

thats a beautiful thing,  :cheers: cant wait for the article .. that third gen would give any 2nd gen a run for its money in the badass looks category   :coolgleamA: