News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GM Bankrupt not in Australia just poached a Whole bloody two car race team what

Started by d/ur/t, August 02, 2009, 05:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d/ur/t

:shruggy:

I don't understand how when you parent company is going through chapter 11 bankruptcy that one division can be blowing 5 million on poaching a whole race team.I'm glad Im not a share holder or the US government.This would put the total spend to over 20 million dollars a year and this looks likely to increase next year with GM based teams in the V8 Supercars  {V8sc}.

Can't believe these clowns can be so frivolous with other peoples money has this recession taught us nothing.

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Andrew

Holden didnt poach them. Team 888 (vodafone) chose to make the move to holden. And holden dropped two of their lesser performing, factory sponsored cars to accommodate.

Aero426

Quote from: d/ur/t on August 02, 2009, 05:50:53 AM

I don't understand how when you parent company is going through chapter 11 bankruptcy that one division can be blowing 5 million on poaching a whole race team.I'm glad Im not a share holder or the US government.This would put the total spend to over 20 million dollars a year and this looks likely to increase next year with GM based teams in the V8 Supercars  {V8sc}.

Can't believe these clowns can be so frivolous with other peoples money has this recession taught us nothing.

Would you rather see them spend their marketing dollars on magazine and TV ads, or see them on the track?    

d/ur/t

Quote from: Aero426 on August 03, 2009, 08:48:54 AM

I don't understand how when you parent company is going through chapter 11 bankruptcy that one division can be blowing 5 million on poaching a whole race team.I'm glad Im not a share holder or the US government.This would put the total spend to over 20 million dollars a year and this looks likely to increase next year with GM based teams in the V8 Supercars  {V8sc}.

Enews says the dollar figure is rumoured to be 6 mill are you saying that 888 would have gone to holden for free.

?    

d/ur/t

Quote from: Aero426 on August 03, 2009, 08:48:54 AM

Would you rather see them spend their marketing dollars on magazine and TV ads, or see them on the track?    

I would rather they stayed out of racing they already have 18 cars which includes a four car factory team {not that they win that much} but when chapter 11 is involved have some restraint for god sake.
They will be sposnsoring twice as many cars as ford next year enough is enough.

No wonder the world is in termoil with money being thrownaround like this.The team they bought 888 has one of the largest budgets of any team anyway it's not like they need it.
Further more they say that with the funds required which will be way more than the 6 mill {parts supplied}  they are to start cutting jobs so I feel they need to get there priorities straight.