News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody have a yellow 73/74 Charger?

Started by Skinypete, August 01, 2009, 08:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinypete

If you do could you please post a pic, I'm trying to figure out how I would like to paint my Charger when the time comes.

Thanks Guys!
DJMIII

moparguy01

yellow charger. :eek2:

i dont have any pictures of yellow ones, i'd rather have the old mopar pea soup green myself.

jaak

Here's is a pic of a  sweet yellow '72 that mikesbbody sent me, I posted it on the 3rd gen pics thread.
I love it!

Jason

mikesbbody

Pete, that's the car I was thinking of when I thought of your dilema about green or yellow. Its not a 73-74 Charger, I will have a look and see what I can find.

mikesbbody

A quick look I found these they are 73's

jaak

Quote from: mikesbbody on August 01, 2009, 10:23:48 PM
A quick look I found these they are 73's

I like the shade of that first one better, it would look awesome with a bulge hood!

Jason

Skinypete

Do you mean something like this bulge hood?
DJMIII

jaak

Skinypete

I was thinking about keeping that paint scheme when i was ready to paint. I just wanted to see what one looked like when it was done.
DJMIII

T16

Quote from: jaak on August 01, 2009, 09:08:39 PM
Here's is a pic of a  sweet yellow '72 that mikesbbody sent me, I posted it on the 3rd gen pics thread.
I love it!

Jason

Wtf.. looks just like mine  :icon_smile_big:

Cole317

Here's one i really like, i think i got it off this site....

Skinypete

Thats exactly the one I was looking for! It looks pretty great, definitely pushes yellow with a black stripe up the list!
DJMIII

RTDaddy

That yellow Rally is a factory 440 car I painted and gave to a friend of mine.  That pic is at the 09 Winged warriors meet.  The color is PPG Top Bananna, FY1, and that is Dave Patik's side stripe.  The black interior ralyy accents the stripe.  There are also hide away headlight doors on the car.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL,YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Chad

I would go with a glossy yellow and black racing stripes, make it a bumblebee like from transformers.  :2thumbs:
"Well, I'll say this: climbing can kill you, but women can destroy you. There's a big difference, y'know."--Derek Hersey

jaak

Quote from: T16 on August 03, 2009, 06:28:03 AM
Quote from: jaak on August 01, 2009, 09:08:39 PM
I love it!

Jason

Wtf.. looks just like mine  :icon_smile_big:

I'll say the samething I said when I seen the other one................. :drool5:!!!
Nice Car man,
Jason

Skinypete

Wow thats great! These are a couple great lookin Chargers! Thanks for all your help with the color and stripe info, RTDaddy.
DJMIII

TeeWJay426

One I shot a pic of at Carlisle a few years back....

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Nacho-RT74

one car from a member who recently painted his car, and some more around with diff setups:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Skinypete

I'm starting to really love the black on yellow! I think thats going to be the color.
DJMIII

mikesbbody

Quote from: Skinypete on August 05, 2009, 09:55:37 AM
I'm starting to really love the black on yellow! I think that's going to be the color.

I agree with you Pete, especially with a blacked out bulge hood like in the last few pics a black interior looks good with Yellow IMO  :Twocents:

Skinypete

i was going to go with the black interior from the beginning, no matter what color i was going to paint the car! If you ask me a black interior is just awesome!
DJMIII

mikesbbody

Pete, I have a white interior I have had my Charger for almost 11 years here's my take on white interiors. They show dirt etc (of course being white) also, when I replaced my white interior (with white again dumb mistake) I found that the panels etc were not IMO very "white" I ended up vinyl spraying them the so called "white" headliner is more cream than white its just been a PITA. Thats why if I can do it all again, it will be black.  :Twocents:

Nacho-RT74

so the ORIGINAL WHITE is really white and not white off ? what year are we talking about ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mikesbbody

Nacho, the Headliner I bought to replace the old one was cream yet that's what I got when I ordered a white one.
This was for my 72 maybe they had white ones? I dont know still, better than the old one.
Overall, the so called "white" on the new panels really wasnt all that white IMO, that's why I resorted to vinly paint which has stayed on really well. Another thing, the panels had a strange "top coat" on them (which was more like a cream color) underneath it was white so you had to remove this top coat to get to the white of course, I found this out after I had already painted them  :brickwall:

buie1289

Here's mine just out of paint. I went with Curious Yellow/Citron Yella. No stripes yet as I haven't decided which ones I like best.... Hope this helps!!