News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

silly new guy question - 68-70 almost the same?

Started by BB73Challenger, April 20, 2010, 04:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

last426

Take it from me, those are all exactly the same (and a dime a dozen).  Get a third generation or, as the pundits say, a real Charger.  And get one with a hemi, if you find one.  Kim

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Most all know about my patent.  I have set up a website looking for a partner.  Check this out if you or your company can help manufacture/market my great invention.  Go to http://www.safefridge.com to see it and make sure to check out the ad.  If you think it has potential and can help, write me at safefridge@gmail.com and perhaps we can make a deal.  Or you can check out my normal website at http://www.marlia.com or my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/last426.  Kim

Hemidog

Everybody knows that they perfected the charger in 2006!  :stirthepot:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: last426 on April 21, 2010, 10:31:53 PM
Take it from me, those are all exactly the same (and a dime a dozen).  Get a third generation or, as the pundits say, a real Charger.  And get one with a hemi, if you find one.  Kim

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Most all know about my patent.  I have set up a website looking for a partner.  Check this out if you or your company can help manufacture/market my great invention.  Go to http://www.safefridge.com to see it and make sure to check out the ad.  If you think it has potential and can help, write me at safefridge@gmail.com and perhaps we can make a deal.  Or you can check out my normal website at http://www.marlia.com or my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/last426.  Kim

Hey! Is that a GTO??!!!??!!

BBD :nana:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Long Island RT

But from the three years which had the most sales.... 69!  Let the people speak!

sorry - but in 70 the slaes dropped in half.
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

Tilar

The reason there were so many sales in 69 was because the new body style of 68 caught everyone off guard. Not everyone had enough money saved up to buy a 68 so they saved up another year and bought a 69.  Better to come in second than not at all.   :poke:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Khyron

Quote from: Tilar on April 22, 2010, 11:30:29 AM
The reason there were so many sales in 69 was because the new body style of 68 caught everyone off guard. Not everyone had enough money saved up to buy a 68 so they saved up another year and bought a 69.  Better to come in second than not at all.   :poke:

Second place is only the First looser :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Quote from: Long Island RT on April 22, 2010, 10:03:13 AM
But from the three years which had the most sales.... 69!   Let the people speak!

If sales figures is going to be your main argument for which car looks best then I guess you have to admit that the 73 is better-looking than the 69...

Tilar

Quote from: Khyron on April 22, 2010, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: Tilar on April 22, 2010, 11:30:29 AM
The reason there were so many sales in 69 was because the new body style of 68 caught everyone off guard. Not everyone had enough money saved up to buy a 68 so they saved up another year and bought a 69.  Better to come in second than not at all.   :poke:

Second place is only the First looser :nana:

Funny you say that because I was thinking that when I wrote "come in second".  :lol:

Quote from: bull on April 22, 2010, 03:29:59 PM
If sales figures is going to be your main argument then I guess the 73 is better-looking than the 69...

Wow, With those kind of figures for 73's, you'd think I could at least find 2 friggin fenders that were better than what I already have.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

But from the three years which had the most sales.... 69!   Let the people speak!

If sales figures is going to be your main argument for which car looks best then I guess you have to admit that the 73 is better-looking than the 69...
Yeah but there were more buyers in 73 than 69.  You need to do the math.
You sure that is correct?  I thought they made about 70-90k Chargers in 69.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Khyron

just like you to come in here and screw up our conversations with FACTS!

you should be ashamed of yourself!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Grim Jhaixus

Quote from: last426 on April 21, 2010, 10:31:53 PM
Take it from me, those are all exactly the same (and a dime a dozen).  Get a third generation or, as the pundits say, a real Charger.  And get one with a hemi, if you find one.  Kim

Amen!
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

bamadukefan02

Quote from: moparstuart on April 21, 2010, 04:20:49 PM
68 was the best then they broke the mold   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

and right after they broke the mold they drug the mold maker into the street and shot him.  The 69 obviously was the product of divine inspiration.

stripedelete

Fleet Sales................

Mike DC

I'm a 69 fan, but weren't the 1968s the bestsellers of the 2nd gen?  

I had always read that it was this:

1968 --  96,000 in 1968

1969 --  85,000 (plus about 900 total aero models) in 1969

1970 --  53,000(?) in 1970.

Grim Jhaixus

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 23, 2010, 08:01:00 PM

I'm a 69 fan, but weren't the 1968s the bestsellers of the 2nd gen?  

I had always read that it was this:

1968 --  96,000 in 1968

1969 --  85,000 (plus about 900 total aero models) in 1969

1970 --  53,000(?) in 1970.

I've always heard it was 96 in 69.
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca