News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Road Dog on July 30, 2009, 12:57:34 PM
My first post on this site. Owned this one since 1978. Over 400,000 miles. Over 200,000 on the rebuild.

Welcome.  Man I bet you will the award for most miles on a Charger on this board! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Road Dog

Thanks, Ya'll

Not a roll bar. I have a child seat in the passenger side. That adds 10 hp  :lol: This car was originally a 318 car. Bought it for 900 bucks in 1978 with a 340 motor and around 80,000 miles. Nobody wanted these cars in those days. This was just before the Dukes came out. This car was my driver until Put about 10 years ago. It has never been in a garage. I put a 440 in it in 1988. It was a 1969 440 Six Pack Motor. Sold the Six Pack a few years later and put a 750 Holley on it. Motor has a little head work and Headers with the after market intake. I had the springs re-arched and bound with sway bars front and rear. This car has sen some serious racing in it's days as I lived in the country where there is only open fields and swamp. We raced cross top end. This car has 2:76 gears and really doesn't wake up til after the century mark. Had a 69 Torino's motor blow up running behind me at 100 mph one time.
Oh well, enough of my early years. I'm into cruising with my family now. My racing days are long gone. Here is a pic of my 2 1/2 year old son asking if he can drive............. I'm not kidd'n  :drive:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

nelson_audet

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

bearbqd

Awesome car. It looks like what they were referring to about rollbars looks like aftermarket seatbelts like the XV motorsports ones that I have. Is that what we're seeing? Can't believe its never seen a garage. Looks to be in great shape....Can I have it?
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Road Dog

Stock seat belts. Here is a very short clip passing the wife.

Brock Samson

really love both yours and Nelsons'   :yesnod: Very Nice,.. great pic with your son too,.. really nice.  :2thumbs:
would still like to hear more stories and see even more pictures,..  :popcrn: welcome to the site!

mally69

took some pics a few weeks ago just thought i would post them up

Purple440

Jarven

Quote from: mauve66 on July 15, 2009, 06:18:06 PM
Quote from: Jarven on July 15, 2009, 12:30:49 PM
From sweden with love..

1969 RT/SE 440HP, 727, 8 3/4

Will get a resto this winter.

resto?? looks great just the way it is :2thumbs:

The picture is playing a trick on you :yesnod:
All rust have been fixed so far but its going to be stripped down totally after I've tried it out this summer.
It wasn't much though.. Lower parts of the rear quarters behind the wheel arch. Trunk floor has been totally removed and a new one is fitted. It has a lot of surface corrosion underneath but it will be mediablasted. Have thought about dipping the whole body in acid but it sound like a big hazzle to prevent rust in all places that are difficult to reach..
All bits and pieces in the front and rear suspension has been bought. A crate Hemi 426 has been torn down in molecules and put together again. Everyhting weighed in and checked.. Didn't have the nerves to start it up without doing this.. :eek2:
Its getting SSBC brakes, front and rear.
The original paint is the dark silver. Black interiour. Black vinyl top.
You are probably going to hang me now but I'm thinking about painting it Lamborghini yellow. Code: Gialli Orion.. google it.. Really cool pearl colour :icon_smile_tongue:
All parts for the interior will get a resto or I'll just buy new parts.. Carpet and front and rear covers are already here.. Also thinking about doing a lot of the interiour in carbon fibre instead of the wood grain :nana:
The hood might also be fabricated in carbon fibre. We have some really good craftsmen to do this job in sweden. The company I'll use have done several whole cars in carbon fibre.. I estimate the price for the hood to approx 1500 USD. Not that bad I believe?
So go ahead and tell me what an idiot I am :icon_smile_big:... I can take it!
(It is not a matching numbers car, the engine is not right but it came with a 440HP from the factory and the engine that sits there now is from the correct year so I'll atleast keep it around just in case a change my mind)
1969 Charger 440 RT/SE

Road Dog

I can't get over the awesome cars on this site!

I took some pics of pics from the early days and added a few others. Most of the old pics are 70's and 80's. The fella I got this car from sold it because he wanted a truck for deer hunting. The first thing I did when I got this car was wash out the 6" of corn shucks plastered with mud from under the car. The guy was driving this one thru the corn fields to hunt deer. :shruggy: Later on I ended up racing this car on dirt roads along corn fields. Kinda dangerous especially at night following several other cars. :boogie:

Road Dog

Here are a few more pics. Nice rolling burnout. Not bad for 2:76 gears. The boy luvs the Car. Last pic is my driver with the Charger.

Purple440

Road Dog this is one beautiful Charger.  Love the body style.   :2thumbs:

FLG

Sweet ride, curious as to what the stickers say  :shruggy:

Manfred318

Road Dog love the car :drool5:  :2thumbs: I spy  :scope: an N.C. plate. Where abouts N.C. are ya?

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Road Dog

Thanks Ya'll , I'm just east of Raleigh. The sticker across the trunk says," If your wheels ain't spinn'in ya ain't got no traction". The left bumper sticker says, "I don't love pot holes". The right sticker says," I may be slow , but I'm ahead of you".

sixty8charger

that Charger Looks great!   :drool5:
btw- i am over at Cherry Point. :yesnod:
Jayson

Hemidog

Really love this thing! Having much fun with it this summer  :cheers:

Purple68

Awesome pics guys! Here's some of my nearly complete project.

tan top

Quote from: Hemidog on August 02, 2009, 01:27:53 PM
Really love this thing! Having much fun with it this summer  :cheers:

that thing looks mean :coolgleamA: :yesnod: 

Quote from: Purple68 on August 03, 2009, 12:16:29 AM
Awesome pics guys! Here's some of my nearly complete project.

nice looks real good  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Quote from: Road Dog on July 31, 2009, 07:33:08 PM
Here are a few more pics. Nice rolling burnout. Not bad for 2:76 gears. The boy luvs the Car. Last pic is my driver with the Charger.

awww man  love these old back in the day pictures  ..awesome stuff  thanks for sharing ,  got any more  ;) :popcrn: :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

pullrock

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

beegle55

Hello all. I am new to the forum and to Mopar muscle but not to cars themselves. I have been a part of several restorations... ('66 Chevelle, '73 Nova, '73 Corvette, '78 Pinto, '79 Pinto, and built 2 drag cars) but my '74 Dodge Charger is the next on my list. I just finished the '79 Pinto except for a few details. I bought the Charger in June. I'm the third owner. 82,000 original miles. I have original book and warranty/option pamphlet, original insurance card and registration. Car set since '03 after being a summer driver. Started right up and with some cleaning and a tune-up I had the car inspected less than a week after I bought it and have put around 300 miles on the car without any major problems. Love old muscle and drive this car everyday there is good weather. Needs work but is in good driving condition and will be easy to restore. And the best part? I'm only 18 years old and will be attending West Virginia University in the fall. Sorry for the long into, here are the pictures.

-beegle55

beegle55

Oh BTW the car has had one re-paint. Original matching 318 w/ leaky 904 tranny. Nothing special, but good enough for me.  ;D

-beegle55

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

73chgrSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwUrih5logA

not sure if I posted this B4 but you can ride along in my '73 in this video. ;D