News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Eastwood Company

Started by BIRD67, July 22, 2009, 01:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

On a business trip, my stepfather was sitting next to the owner of the Eastwood company. They are now good friends and my stepdad told him how the paint on our engine burned right off of the heads. His reply was to send us a quart of Pontiac Engine Blue paint, for free! He is friends with Steve Ames, owner of Ames Performance Engineering, and they support younger car enthusists like me. Now, Steve asked to be my mentor of the hobby, how cool is that!? Steve has a large collection of vintage Pontiac's but he also have quite a few AMC's and he has a Black 1971 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Ghoste

That's pretty cool.   :cheers:  It's nice to see them supporting the little guy and a young gun to boot.

bull

Cool! :2thumbs:

Now... see if you can't get us a discount. :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

what he said ^^^ tell him DC.com members need group buy discounts
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Foreman72

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 22, 2009, 06:55:42 PM
what he said ^^^ tell him DC.com members need group buy discounts

:yesnod: :yesnod:

i need some paint for my grill resto soon... :D
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

BIRD67

Will try guys! I will try and see what I can do for you, the stuff they have is awesome! way better then the stuff we used before!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

dodgecharger-fan

They advertise in the online mag www.moparenthusiast.com
you have to register, but it's all free. It has some pretty good articles and I personally like all of the ads. You learn what's out there for our cars. most are clickable to take you right to the advertiser's site - smart.

The link they use in their ad is http://www.mopar1.eastwoodco.com/
According to the ad, the current deal is Light Argent Metallic Textured Coat 15 oz for 14.99 until August 31, 2009

FJ5WING

Ive been doing buisness with Eastwood for almost thirty years. They were a small company located local and you were able to talk with the owner often if you called or stopped in. Once they moved into their new expanded home things got a little less friendly though still helpful.
My wife even worked for them for a few years and I was able to get my convertible onto one of their covers. The discount sure would be handy now with the Superbird resto going on.
wingless now, but still around.

BIRD67

Guy's I think you will all be happy to know I just sent them an E-mail inquiring about a group discount for dodgecharger.com. I will keep you all updated and hopefully they will say yes!

runningman

Yeah that would be great, I have been using a bunch of their products during my extremely long restoration and everythings appears top notch!  :2thumbs:

GN

Shakey

Quote from: BIRD67 on July 22, 2009, 07:05:40 PM
Will try guys! I will try and see what I can do for you, the stuff they have is awesome! way better then the stuff we used before!

Great way to start off the relationship/friendship!

69*F5*SE

Yeah, that way some of us could actually afford the inflated pricing on many of their items.  Maybe I should nix that remark before he reads it.  But, a lot of their stuff is heavily priced in my opinion which makes it hard for the home restorer. Not all of it.  But, that's why we need group pricing.  I've purchased several of their paint products already.  There's always someone to throw wrench in the gears isn't there.  :slap:  Don't be hatin'.  I'm just statin'.  But, a group buy discount is a great idea to keep the cost down.

Silver R/T

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on July 24, 2009, 06:26:09 AM
Yeah, that way some of us could actually afford the inflated pricing on many of their items.  Maybe I should nix that remark before he reads it.  But, a lot of their stuff is heavily priced in my opinion which makes it hard for the home restorer. Not all of it.  But, that's why we need group pricing.  I've purchased several of their paint products already.  There's always someone to throw wrench in the gears isn't there.  :slap:  Don't be hatin'.  I'm just statin'.  But, a group buy discount is a great idea to keep the cost down.
I agree, some of their stuff (like powdercoating system) you can buy same exact system at HF for much less.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BIRD67

OKAY I got this response this morning!

Hi Zach,

Thanks for contacting us.  In the past, we normally haven't offered discounts to forums, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.  I have set up a 15% off online orders over $100 coupon for the forum you are a member. This discount will be valid until August 31, 2009.  To use this discount, coupon code "charger" must be entered into the "Gift Certificate/Coupon Code" box in the shopping cart (must be entered in all lower-case).  Please note that this discount is not valid with any other discounts.

Let us know if we can help you along the way with your '67 Firebird.  As a note, we recently re-launched Eastwood's Shop Talk forum (http://forum.eastwood.com)

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas L. Capinski
E-Commerce Marketing Manager
The Eastwood Company
263 Shoemaker Rd
Pottstown, PA 19464
610-705-5404
Fax: 610-323-6268
Visit www.eastwood.com today!

Bob

BIRD67

Indeed, now that is what I call customer service!

BigBlockSam

very, very cool .i'm making a list rite now.thanks  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BIRD67

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 27, 2009, 12:11:54 PM
very, very cool .i'm making a list rite now.thanks  :cheers:
No problem!

moparstuart

Zach,

Thanks for contacting us.  In the past, we normally haven't offered discounts to forums, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.  I have set up a 15% off online orders over $100 coupon for the forum you are a member. This discount will be valid until August 31, 2009.  To use this discount, coupon code "charger" must be entered into the "Gift Certificate/Coupon Code" box in the shopping cart (must be entered in all lower-case).  Please note that this discount is not valid with any other discounts.

Let us know if we can help you along the way with your '67 Firebird.  As a note, we recently re-launched Eastwood's Shop Talk forum (http://forum.eastwood.com)

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas L. Capinski
The Eastwood Company
263 Shoemaker Rd
Pottstown, PA 19464
610-705-5404

[you should cut and paiste this into the group buy section /quote]
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Foreman72

Quote from: moparstuart on July 27, 2009, 12:28:23 PM
Zach,

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas L. Capinski
The Eastwood Company
263 Shoemaker Rd
Pottstown, PA 19464
610-705-5404

[you should cut and paiste this into the group buy section /quote]

DANG!! thats awesome...to bad i only need 30 bucks worth of paint... :lol: o well...still pretty sweet
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

OneofNoneRT

Uhh Guys...
"Please note that this discount is not valid with any other discounts."
Maybe we should keep it a secret we are members here..  :smilielol:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

bill440rt

I really appreciate the effort that went into this.

BUT, fyi, if you get on their email mailing list they email you offers all the time.  :yesnod: I've been on their mailing list for a while now, & I get offers at least 1-2x per week.  :yesnod:

This week's offer is 20% off ANYTHING in their catalog. Sometimes it's free tools, 10-15-30% off, free shipping, $10 off any purchase $75 or more, etc etc.

Just get on their email list. It's that simple.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FJ5WING

awsome leg work!!!! :2thumbs:

I often get discounted depending on the discount of the month when I shop at the store. Ill see if I can wiggle the "Charger" discount next time I go up there.
wingless now, but still around.