News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disc break conversion kit from Jegs

Started by troy.70R/T, July 22, 2009, 06:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I am looking to convert my 70 charger to disc breaks. I have everything but the spindles and caliper adapters.   Well I was just wondering if it would be easier to get the kit from Jegs. I think after getting parts from everywhere this just might be easier. The only problem that I see with the kit is that they look like they are slider type calipers. I was just wondering if anyone has used this kit.  order number 555-630200     $450   0r   555-630210  $700.00

tommymac

I got the whole kit,sent back the master and booster,as far as the spindles,calipers and rotors they seem fine and stop OK,GM parts I think.

GT

Do you want aftermarket - or are you looking for OEM style?

I have a set of knuckles and the caliper adapters for a 70 Charger with disc brakes.  OEM.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

HPP

IMO, if all you are missing are the spindles and brackets, why spend $400+ for a new kit. Spend under $100 and put your stuff on it.

I've got spindles I'll sell you pretty cheaply. What size rotors do you have? This impacts the caliper adapters you will need.

troy.70R/T

Well so far I have the big rotors. 11.750. I was told to order them for a 77 Fury from Napa. so do eithier of you have what I need for spindels and caliper adapters?

rocky61201

I bought the 700 power upgrade kit with slotted rotors and stainless lines for my 71.  Sent back the booster and master as well because I didn't like the adapter bracket that links the booster rod with pedal arm.  Exchaged it for an SSBC booster/master assembly with a different and smaller adapter bracket that bolted up much easier.  Haven't tested on the street yet to give my complete endorsement, but see know reason why it shouldn't stop on a dime and give change back.

If your upgrading from drums to discs, don't forget about the combination valve. 

Here is a link to my thread on the 71-74 forum with plenty of pics.

http://wichargerguy.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=chassis&thread=4705&page=1#33012
71 2dr Hardtop, 383/727, just purchased, resto/mod in progress

rocky61201

71 2dr Hardtop, 383/727, just purchased, resto/mod in progress

HPP

I've got spindles. I do not have the stock caliper adapters for the 11.75 rotor. However, I do have caliper adapters for viper calipers and Wilwood calipers. Wilwoods will bolt to the factory disc spindle. The Vipers will bolt to teh factory drum spindle.

troy.70R/T

I now have the Brackets for the 11.750 Rotors. just need the spindels. I have sent some PM's to some of you thanks.