News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 27, 2010, 05:36:45 AM
Well,Aperantly I havent been posting interesting enough pics latlely........

Yesterday I had some freetime. Finished a few last minute adjustments,and viola the mock up of all the parts is finally done....I then proceeded to take it all back apart and get it back onto the rotiserie. Now Im going to get the underside painted ,then it will go back on the floor for good. ...reasemble .....do the filler and blocking work.......Shoot it White!!

Interesting enough for me Brian. Nice work and thanks for the photos  :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

1969chargerrtse

I love how neat all the goodies are set up in the corner on the floor.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikepmcs

Yeah.... it's very interesting.  Don't stop posting, we're here enjoying every bit of it.  It's amazing how fast you do stuff :2thumbs:!!!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 27, 2010, 12:32:15 PM
Yeah.... it's very interesting.  Don't stop posting, we're here enjoying every bit of it.  It's amazing how fast you do stuff :2thumbs:!!!!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Another restoration project catches & passes my C500...  :eek2:  :lol:  Great work Brian!  :cheers:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on March 27, 2010, 01:28:38 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on March 27, 2010, 12:32:15 PM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Another restoration project catches & passes my C500...  :eek2:  :lol:  Great work Brian!  :cheers:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: keep up the good work  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Thanks Guys!! Here is what I got done today.

If you remember from back in the begining I had to do a quite abit of work in the engine comp. I sectioned in the firewall cause it originally had A/C The feft apron was rusty by the battery tray....etc. Today I did the filler work to those areas. I also did the filler work to the inner wheelhouse on each side where they where patched.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

.............And today I whipped the rockers into shape. You may be wondering  why i did it like that? Well I dont like to do much body work on the rottiserie due to the flex that could be there,So I plan to just do the rockers, the roof ,and the cowl top. After that it will get paint shot on the underside,and then back on the wheels......
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

694spdRT

Wow, don't know how I missed this thread. Great work! You are one talented guy.  :2thumbs:

Getting all this done along with having a new baby is amazing. Thanks for the motivation.    
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 694spdRT on March 30, 2010, 11:11:14 AM
Wow, don't know how I missed this thread. Great work! You are one talented guy.  :2thumbs:

Getting all this done along with having a new baby is amazing. Thanks for the motivation.    

Definitely takes some dedication on all fronts!!

Got the roof in poly surfacer,ready for blocking once its back on the floor.

Today I'm going to fill any minor pits etc. underneath and hope to spray white paint next weekend.......back to work.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikepmcs

READY FOR PAINT?!!!!

HOLY MOLY.  INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 03, 2010, 02:09:09 PM
READY FOR PAINT?!!!!

HOLY MOLY.  INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Just on the underside. I will never rush the dry times on materials. I do hope to have it painted in a couple mounthes though.  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Yesterdays progress included getting the very few pitted areas filled and primed underneath and sanding the pits and finishing the smoothing work out whr=ere the hood need to have the typical 70 rust repair by the hood latch striker.....The only reason the underside didnt have much pits is because its mostly new.... The hood took the most time,lots of tedious sanding to make those look really crisp.

moparstuart

you should have taken out those front 4 gusset ? bracings at the front , daytonas dont have them

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on April 04, 2010, 07:38:51 PM
you should have taken out those front gusset ?bracing at the front , daytonas dont have them

Yeah, I found that out after I did the patch work on the hood. There is plenty of clerance to the latch tray on mine So I decided to let that slide.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 04, 2010, 07:40:32 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on April 04, 2010, 07:38:51 PM
you should have taken out those front gusset ?bracing at the front , daytonas dont have them

Yeah, I found that out after I did the patch work on the hood. There is plenty of clerance to the latch tray on mine So I decided to let that slide.
yeah i know of alot of real daytona that have 70 hoods on them

Charger-Bodie

Went down to the shop at 3:00am (noone stopping for an estimate at that time of day)to shoot on some paint. I sealed it last night so it would be just paint this morning. Im very happy with how it came out. Very clean and smooth,nice gloss too.

Now I can put the shetmetal back on ,adjust it again ,and get the body work done.

I cant believe this thing finally has some paint on it!!!  :icon_smile_cool:

Charger-Bodie

;)

Charger-Bodie

C500

Dude, you really have been burning the midnight oil !!  :yesnod: Nice work too.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

694spdRT

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 10, 2010, 06:18:21 AM
Went down to the shop at 3:00am

Sleep is overrated. If you are like me you would just be awake all night thinking about what needs to be done anyway.

Looking great!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

tan top

Quote from: 694spdRT on April 10, 2010, 09:09:20 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 10, 2010, 06:18:21 AM
Went down to the shop at 3:00am

Sleep is overrated. If you are like me you would just be awake all night thinking about what needs to be done anyway.

Looking great!  :2thumbs:

yeah me too , would often paint my own cars , late saturday night or  early hours of the morning  , wack it on bake or let it air dry , come in on a sunday & its all ready to go

:yesnod: thats looking great !!   :coolgleamA:  :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

maxwellwedge

Looking more and more like your avatar! Looking good!  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Thanks Guys!!

Seth stopped to check it out.