News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 28, 2010, 10:55:28 AM
I think it usually takes Brian two or three years to get tired of his cars  :smilielol: but this is his first hemi so he may never tire of it  :shruggy:
[/quote]I can only imagine how beautiful that car is gonna be with those colors and the Hemi 4 spd.  I can only pray he bores of it in about 4 years.  I'll be there waiting like a vulture on a branch. It's all about workmanship, and we've seen his work. :drool5: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
[/quote]

If you get bored with a 69 Hemi 4-speed Daytona..,...  where do you go from there?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

1969chargerrtse

Well said. That's what I love about my car. Finally I'm complete. I day dream here and there, but deep inside I have a 69 Charger R/T so I have it all ( along with a happy healthy family ).   Of course moving over to a Hemi 4 spd Daytona would be having even more.  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

Been working with the steel valance lately. Finally starting to fit up nice. Ended up getting differant ends for the valance from Dayclona. WAY nice pieces!

This W/E I hope to work with the nose fitment with the assistance of my Dad.

Stay tuned!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

Ok....Dad and I thrashed quite a bit today and I gotta say, Im excited aout the results. The Nose is fitting pretty dang Awesome! Not done by any means ,but definately rounded a corner towards knowing its gonna work out well.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger-Bodie

One more pic. ....For now.  :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Excellent work my friend.  I wish i could be there to help some time.  Maybe i can grab Timmy and go on a drive some weekend to finally visit the shop and help out.  My Charger engine gets dyno'ed next month and then its back in the car and ready to go.

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 13, 2010, 10:49:54 PM
Excellent work my friend.  I wish i could be there to help some time.  Maybe i can grab Timmy and go on a drive some weekend to finally visit the shop and help out.  My Charger engine gets dyno'ed next month and then its back in the car and ready to go.

Paul

Thats great news Paul! Come down anytime ya want.....Timmy has been slakin way too long too!

General_01

Looks great Brian. :2thumbs:

Paul, when did you pull the motor? Guess I have been asleep on the computer. Let me know when the party is for dropping it back in. I'll apply for the supervisor job, but I am pretty sure Nick has dibs on that job. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemidog

69 OUR/TEA

Really taking shape now Brian!!!!! Quite the metal work goin on!!! :cheers:

BigBlockSam

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! looking like a Daytona now. congratulations. getting that nose on is a big step  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

RT/SE

Nice metal work on the schnozzola!!!!!!!!  Looks like its fitting pretty good from the pics.  Very impresssive work  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Thanks Guys!!  :2thumbs:

Here are some more pics.....

The Dayclona Grille frame fits good. Also the nose top that I got from Jack M. Fits nice too. Learning alot about which venders to use....

BigBlockSam

looks good . are you gonna put on an oversize front spoiler . or the little stock one ? i think the big one makes the car look tougher.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

200MPH

Charger

Bakaruda

Jack is the best I have seen work with medal. He is also a very nice guy.

jaak

Looking great Brian.....its come along way since page 1.   :2thumbs:

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on March 15, 2010, 09:16:37 PM
Looking great Brian.....its come along way since page 1.   :2thumbs:

Jason

Thanks Guys!!

Here are some more pics....Got the seams leaded ....Epoxy primed it....STARTED messing with the headlight. They will take some more work ,but not terrible....The lower spoiler is just hanging there for now. A new one from Mike at Dayclona will be here around the middle of the week.

..............Ton of work!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlockSam

looks real good . i like the bigger front spoiler.  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 20, 2010, 10:34:16 PM
looks real good . i like the bigger front spoiler.  :2thumbs:

Sorry man,but thats a stock type version.Must just look taller in the pics.....

Here are a couple more pics.....We got the headlight doors adjusted preety close,the rest will be fine tuned when the filler work is done to the nose.

Charger-Bodie

Well,Aperantly I havent been posting interesting enough pics latlely........

Yesterday I had some freetime. Finished a few last minute adjustments,and viola the mock up of all the parts is finally done....I then proceeded to take it all back apart and get it back onto the rotiserie. Now Im going to get the underside painted ,then it will go back on the floor for good. ...reasemble .....do the filler and blocking work.......Shoot it White!!