News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

sooo, did you go for repros? Or are they originals?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Hemidog on February 14, 2010, 01:57:58 PM
sooo, did you go for repros? Or are they originals?

Got sick of waiting for the repops....Found these rust-free used ones. They have a few dings here and there,but overall Very nice originals.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 14, 2010, 01:34:29 PM
Funny you should say that!

Look what I finally have!!!!!!! Fenders.

Got them yesterday .worked on them last night and this morning and now they are in epoxy primer and ready to hang.

Thanks Aaron (69fuchs) !!  :D
:woohoo:  Fantastic!   Back in business.   :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

200MPH

Charger

69 OUR/TEA

Good goin Brian,back in business!!!!The fender issue has slowed you down,on your last charger build thread you were driving the car by page six!!!! :poke:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 14, 2010, 09:31:02 PM
Good goin Brian,back in business!!!!The fender issue has slowed you down,on your last charger build thread you were driving the car by page six!!!! :poke:

When was the last time you drove your blue Charger??  :hah:  :nana:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 14, 2010, 09:56:41 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 14, 2010, 09:31:02 PM

When was the last time you drove your blue Charger??  :hah:  :nana:

2 weeks ago......out of the trailor .  :P

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 14, 2010, 01:34:29 PM
Funny you should say that!

Look what I finally have!!!!!!! Fenders.

Got them yesterday .worked on them last night and this morning and now they are in epoxy primer and ready to hang.

Thanks Aaron (69fuchs) !!  :D

Outstanding !!!!   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

I Hate to quote Toyota.....BUT...."Oh What A Feeling!!!!"

PocketThunder

Damn those front wheels are small!   :o

Ya that Aaron is pretty good guy...   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

69RT3X9

The car looks great!  I was anxiously waiting to see your progress, once you had those 70 fenders.

Not that you need them anymore, just curious to hear what was the latest status you had from CBD (Classic Body Designs) regarding the release date of their 68,69, 70 fenders?  I just looked at their website again today and it still says "Coming Soon!".

Keep up the great work!       :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

:2thumbs: Great to see you back at work.  Can't wait until the nose is on.  :coolgleamA:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jaak

1969chargerrtse

Where'd ya go. :shruggy:

:popcrn:

Thought maybe you were test running it by now.  :icon_smile_big:

Been 10 whole days.

Small progress report please.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 25, 2010, 08:53:07 PM
Where'd ya go. :shruggy:

:popcrn:

Thought maybe you were test running it by now.  :icon_smile_big:

Been 10 whole days.

Small progress report please.

Been WAY busy at the shop lately. Also Ive been waiting for some parts to clean up a part I got from someone else(more on that later). Dont worry though, things are moving along just not actual hands on stuff,but it all need to happen.

I would also like to add that I have the front fenders fine tune adjusted now ,and the fit up to the AMD repop doors VERY nice. AMD did a beautiful job with those doors. The doors and the deck lid from them are about a tie for the nicest Charger parts they produce. Nice and smooth and great fit.

hemi68charger

Man,, that looks great.. Makes me wanna learn some body repair so I can address the C500 I'm soon to get...... Great inspiration...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

mikepmcs

Looks incredible!!

But I agree with Paul, I think you should get some bigger wheels and tires for the front.   ;D

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1969chargerrtse

I went to bed last night and had a dream you were gonna trade your Daytona for my Charger when you were done with it.  I tossed and turned all night on that dream. Now I'm really tried, I was up all night.
So I was wondering, can I ship my car out this week? :icon_smile_big:  Oh I planned on driving your car back to Ct so I could enjoy it, make sure it's 100% road ready.
:popcrn:  It was a dream wasn't it? :'(
Oh the contrast of the white with the black panel and red stripe looked great.  :2thumbs: (I dream in color)

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 28, 2010, 07:16:29 AM
I went to bed last night and had a dream you were gonna trade your Daytona for my Charger when you were done with it.  I tossed and turned all night on that dream. Now I'm really tried, I was up all night.
So I was wondering, can I ship my car out this week? :icon_smile_big:  Oh I planned on driving your car back to Ct so I could enjoy it, make sure it's 100% road ready.
Oh the contrast of the white with the black panel and red stripe looked great.  :2thumbs: (I dream in color)

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on February 28, 2010, 10:39:34 AM

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Not happening? :'(

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 28, 2010, 10:47:48 AM
Oh the contrast of the white with the black panel and red stripe looked great.  :2thumbs: (I dream in color)

I think it usually takes brian two or three years to get tired of his cars  :smilielol:  but this is his first hemi so he may never tire of it  :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on February 28, 2010, 10:51:19 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 28, 2010, 10:47:48 AM
Oh the contrast of the white with the black panel and red stripe looked great.  :2thumbs: (I dream in color)

I think it usually takes Brian two or three years to get tired of his cars  :smilielol: but this is his first hemi so he may never tire of it  :shruggy:
I can only imagine how beautiful that car is gonna be with those colors and the Hemi 4 spd.  I can only pray he bores of it in about 4 years.  I'll be there waiting like a vulture on a branch. It's all about workmanship, and we've seen his work. :drool5: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: