News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 18, 2009, 07:40:51 PM
Looks like it fits pretty good. :2thumbs:

Who made your hinges?

Actually after a few failed attepts to copy Stuarts hinges,Dayclona offered to sell me a set at a very fair price . I went with his,and they worked out really nice.

P.S. Mike Goyette (Dayclona) has been a really good offering me advice on some of this stuff. very eager to help,just like you guys. For that Im thankful.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70Sbird

WOW!
I have been following this resurrection and even posted about the time you were replacing the rusted out inner fender/battery tray area and I can say is that I am jealous of your skills with a welder, new metal and an old car.
I felt pretty good about myself for replacing a trunk floor, now I realize that I'm really am an amateur!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I have discovered though that what I lack in welding skills I make up for in grinding experience!

Scott Faulkner

69bronzeT5

Scott, I love the name to that thing "Superturd" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Blown70

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 18, 2009, 06:24:23 PM
Been a while....... I got the trunk lid mounted to the hinges today. Fits pretty good. Now if I only had a deck lid closure panel.  :brickwall:
'

Umm offered to ship you mine Brian... LMK it can Fly on Friday or Sat :shruggy:

70Sbird

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 18, 2009, 10:59:16 PM
Scott, I love the name to that thing "Superturd" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I brought my car home in boxes and pieces 8 years ago
My wife has called it "Superturd" ever since!

Scott Faulkner

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: 70Sbird on November 18, 2009, 10:52:47 PM

I have discovered though that what I lack in welding skills I make up for in grinding experience!

Me too, you are not alone!  :yesnod: :yesnod:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

pettybird

I was at the body shop working on our B5 car today and took off a fender scoop, snapping a stud off in the process.  I told my buddy (the shop owner) what I did and he told me, "Doug, the good news is that I can fix aaaaanything you f**k up."

There's where my skill set ends  :lol:

PocketThunder

Quote from: 70Sbird on November 18, 2009, 10:52:47 PM
WOW!
I have been following this resurrection and even posted about the time you were replacing the rusted out inner fender/battery tray area and I can say is that I am jealous of your skills with a welder, new metal and an old car.
I felt pretty good about myself for replacing a trunk floor, now I realize that I'm really am an amateur!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

SPARKS!!!  Cover that back window!!!!!!!!   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on November 19, 2009, 02:01:34 AM
I was at the body shop working on our B5 car today and took off a fender scoop, snapping a stud off in the process.  I told my buddy (the shop owner) what I did and he told me, "Doug, the good news is that I can fix aaaaanything you f**k up."

Doug,
Did I read this right "Body shop and the B5 car"?
Don't tell me that it's getting paint. I loved the "Patina'd " look
Scott

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

Quote from: 70Sbird on November 19, 2009, 10:40:31 AM
Quote from: pettybird on November 19, 2009, 02:01:34 AM

Doug,
Did I read this right "Body shop and the B5 car"?
Don't tell me that it's getting paint. I loved the "Patina'd " look
Scott

yep--it's gonna be just another shiny Superbird.  don't tell MCG.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blown70 on November 18, 2009, 11:26:09 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 18, 2009, 06:24:23 PM
Been a while....... I got the trunk lid mounted to the hinges today. Fits pretty good. Now if I only had a deck lid closure panel.  :brickwall:
'

Umm offered to ship you mine Brian... LMK it can Fly on Friday or Sat :shruggy:

I got word from Jack today that my parts will get shipped tomorrow!!!!!  :drool5:  :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:  :musik010:

This will include The trunk closure panel,the nose top,the grille frame (which is from Dayclona,he shipped it to Jack so he could match the opening to it) and the flange for the back of the nose top.

That should keep me busy for a while.

Oh yeah, My Dane wing came today too!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Ok........

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

A small update....While Im waiting for some parts I cant just do nothing ,so the last two Saterdays Ive spent blasting and painting some stuff. Last W/E I did the ft susp. parts, Clutch brake pedals, e-brake pedal,wing braces,ect.

This time We did the seat frames and tracks,Master cyl. plate,etc and Most importantly my real 69 Dana 60 got done being rebuilt,So it also got shot with some black stuff.

jaak

timmy

looking  good liken the wing  i will see you wednesday

Charger-Bodie

Look whats on its way! Talked with Tim from For Hemis Only today and he said the trucking co. just picked it up. I cant wait to see "my" first Hemi in person. By that I mean Ive never owned a Hemi before.

Blown70

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 24, 2009, 04:38:06 PM
Look whats on its way! Talked with Tim from For Hemis Only today and he said the trucking co. just picked it up. I cant wait to see "my" first Hemi in person. By that I mean Ive never owned a Hemi before.
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html