News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on October 14, 2009, 09:42:42 AM
Quote from: Blown70 on October 14, 2009, 09:37:02 AM
   :shruggy: :scratchchin:  Vega plug soon, eh?  :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

:2thumbs:
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Well as it turns out Im still waiting for a few things that I need before starting the plug. So I decided to strip what I could and get it in epoxy while I wait. I will likely spray the epoxy on tonight.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Blown70

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

green69rt

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 05, 2009, 06:39:43 PM
Well the old bucket got a little less rusty again today...... Had to fab inner rockers the install the new AMD outer rocker panels (Very nice fit and apearance I might add) next will be the front floor pan,Hopefully tommorow.

Sorry to butt in on this thread with an old question.  I just caught up with it.  I'm at the point where I need to replace my inner rockers and it looks like you did exactly what I need to do. I have the outers from AMD.  So here are my questions.
1) I had a sheet metal shop make me some lengths of 16ga steel with a 105 degree bend.  What did you use? Did you add a bend at the bottom to mate up with the outer rocker?
2) I have added a brace across the door opening to support the car before I cut out the inner rocker.  Did you weld in any bracing?
3) Finally, I need to replace my rocker from front to back except for a small section right at the front well.  Any hints on that part, I'm still studying it?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: green69rt on October 22, 2009, 06:33:22 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 05, 2009, 06:39:43 PM
Well the old bucket got a little less rusty again today...... Had to fab inner rockers the install the new AMD outer rocker panels (Very nice fit and apearance I might add) next will be the front floor pan,Hopefully tommorow.

Sorry to butt in on this thread with an old question.  I just caught up with it.  I'm at the point where I need to replace my inner rockers and it looks like you did exactly what I need to do. I have the outers from AMD.  So here are my questions.
1) I had a sheet metal shop make me some lengths of 16ga steel with a 105 degree bend.  What did you use? Did you add a bend at the bottom to mate up with the outer rocker?
2) I have added a brace across the door opening to support the car before I cut out the inner rocker.  Did you weld in any bracing?
3) Finally, I need to replace my rocker from front to back except for a small section right at the front well.  Any hints on that part, I'm still studying it?

The inner rockers I had made did have a slight bend at the bottom. They were basically just like the originals only thicker.....They were made from 14 gauge steel , Its a little overkill,but I want this car to be extra strong cause I'm putting in a fairly big engine.

As far as brace...yes and no. I did install the frame connectors before taking the rockers apart for that reason......While I did the work on the rocker area I left the doors on and had a jack under the frame connectors just to be safe. I kept checking the gaps and it all worked out fine.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking about the front of the rocker. Can you clarify?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

green69rt

I'm not quite sure what you are asking about the front of the rocker. Can you clarify?
[/quote]

At the very front of the inner metal the rocker is attached to a brace that come down from the firewall.  The rocker metal turns up and has some dimples in it.  Did you replace that part or just but weld up to it or what.  This is what's been holding me up on mine.  I even have the frame connectors ready to go in (just like you.)

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: green69rt on October 22, 2009, 07:28:49 PM

At the very front of the inner metal the rocker is attached to a brace that come down from the firewall.  The rocker metal turns up and has some dimples in it.  Did you replace that part or just but weld up to it or what.  This is what's been holding me up on mine.  I even have the frame connectors ready to go in (just like you.)
[/quote]

I butt welded mine at the middle of the torsion bar crossmember....If yours also doesnt need to be replace that far ahead id suggest for you to do the same.

green69rt

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 22, 2009, 07:44:13 PM
Quote from: green69rt on October 22, 2009, 07:28:49 PM
At the very front of the inner metal the rocker is attached to a brace that come down from the firewall.  The rocker metal turns up and has some dimples in it.  Did you replace that part or just but weld up to it or what.  This is what's been holding me up on mine.  I even have the frame connectors ready to go in (just like you.)

I butt welded mine at the middle of the torsion bar crossmember....If yours also doesnt need to be replace that far ahead id suggest for you to do the same.
Sadly I have to go further forward than the torsion brace.  But can still just butt weld to the front portion of rocker.
Thanks for taking time to share your info.  I keep looking at you thread because it has a lot of similarities to my project. Oops, one last question and you can get back to your car, did you do anything with the bracing inside the rockers other than reinstall them?

Charger-Bodie

Got it shot with epoxy last night.....  ;D

Blown70

:drool5: :drool5:  you plan to do the 1/4 work when the plug is in?  where the factory spot is on the roof?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blown70 on October 23, 2009, 11:00:06 AM
:drool5: :drool5:  you plan to do the 1/4 work when the plug is in?  where the factory spot is on the roof?

I think your asking about the seam I left bare? If so, Yeah I left that bare so I can lead it at the same time as the plug.

Blown70

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 23, 2009, 11:14:22 AM
Quote from: Blown70 on October 23, 2009, 11:00:06 AM

I think your asking about the seam I left bare? If so, Yeah I left that bare so I can lead it at the same time as the plug.

:2thumbs:

timmy

Daytona Guy

The70RT

Quote from: Daytona Guy on October 23, 2009, 04:14:13 PM
Very very nice! What color?

Look at the bottom of all his posts  ;D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Belgium R/T -68

Great progress here Brian. :2thumbs: I will buy you a planeticket so you can help me out with the Challenger. :icon_smile_big:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on October 24, 2009, 11:28:13 AM
Great progress here Brian. :2thumbs: I will buy you a planeticket so you can help me out with the Challenger. :icon_smile_big:

Per

Dont tempt me Per!

Daytona Guy

I made this car about 20 years ago... and the Daytona boat.

Charger-Bodie

66chargerkid

Still not done?
Killin me lmao  :rofl:
Keep up the good work. You will have a Daytona in NO time.

Blown70

:popcrn: :popcrn:  :drool5: Plug in yet....got the fenders converted........whats going on :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blown70 on October 30, 2009, 10:41:14 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn:  :drool5: Plug in yet....got the fenders converted........whats going on :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5:

Well,I have the hatch gutted. I cant really go any further back there until Jack M. sent me my steel truck closure panel.....So , I just kinda wait. I dont know if anyone can tell or not,but Im not great at waiting.  :-\

Blown70

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 30, 2009, 11:29:36 AM

Well,I have the hatch gutted. I cant really go any further back there until Jack M. sent me my steel truck closure panel.....So , I just kinda wait. I dont know if anyone can tell or not,but Im not great at waiting.  :-\

Shall I ship you mine........ :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: Blown70 on October 30, 2009, 11:39:41 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 30, 2009, 11:29:36 AM

Shall I ship you mine........ :shruggy:
do it he loves borrowing daytona parts and replacing them  LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE