News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: dads_69 on September 12, 2009, 03:02:13 PM
Is the black a sealer then paint or POR15?

Mark

Actually its a product called "Chassis Saver" Its still wet in the pics ,it will dry down to a satin finish. Later I will sand it and spray the white.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 12, 2009, 03:27:45 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on September 12, 2009, 02:51:43 PM
I've been watching some of your build. I take it that this is a real hemi car since you're going to so much trouble to save it. I can't imagine going to that much time, expense and trouble to rebuild a plain old 440 car.
There are a lot of fairly rust free non-hemi Charger bodies still around here in the south.

Keep up the good work. You're almost there.  :2thumbs:

It was cheap!! And I kinda have a thing for metal work! All of the new metal will make for alot less filler work.
Also when they are torn this far down you can treat all of metal unlike a car that doesnt need to be torn down.

And no it is not a Hemi car. It is a non numbers match 440 car.Part of the problem is that some of it was worse than I expected,but what am I gonna do ? quit on it? No. You just keep going until its up to snuff and life goes on.

Been there...done that.

After a couple of those surprise builds, you get to where you just burn out and can't stand the sight of rusty metal. We've started turning away work where more than a couple of panels need to be replaced.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69 OUR/TEA

What a teaser pic one of those is,can see the pass 1/4 temp clamped on. :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on September 12, 2009, 07:16:28 PM
What a teaser pic one of those is,can see the pass 1/4 temp clamped on. :shruggy:
Thats what i saw too!..   :scope:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

Charger-Bodie

Havent had alot of time lately....But today I got all of the areas cleaned up where the welds will be so that when I start fitting it all together it can stay there and be welded......The other night I got the inside of the quarters sprayed with sound deadening too.

So, not a ton to report this time .....Oh yeah , I got the other two small flor sections in too.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

70daytonaclone

Hi are the metal people making outer wheel houses for a charger now? I thought they were all for coronets there for a while? S

tan top

good stuff going on  :yesnod: keep the up dates & pictures coming  :popcrn: love looking at stuff like this  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C500

Quote from: 70daytonaclone on September 21, 2009, 03:35:49 PM
Hi are the metal people making outer wheel houses for a charger now? I thought they were all for coronets there for a while? S

yes, they have been making them for ages now for Chargers
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Charger-Bodie

Ok , THe last few nights have been late and busy. The AMD sheetmetal is all welded in place with the exception of the roofskin. Im waiting for new driprails. Check it out! Im very happy with it all and VERY glad to have it at this point.

PocketThunder

Damn that is mighty fine work.  Is the window plug next?   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemidog

Very nice work!  :cheers:

And now you're gonna ruin those nice quarters with daytona holes  :nana:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Hemidog on September 23, 2009, 11:31:57 AM
Very nice work!  :cheers:

And now you're gonna ruin those nice quarters with daytona holes  :nana:

Yep,and Im gonna cover up the really nice new dutchman panel with a vega plug too!

richRTSE

Brian,

did you use a spot welder to weld the taillight panel  back on? It looks good!  :2thumbs: Can it be done with a mig welder (Millermatic 135), or is it not worth the agravation? I'm gonna need to replace mine (along with trunk, quarters, and valance) and I'd hate to screw it up. Thanks for all the picts.

Rich

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: richRTSE on September 23, 2009, 01:32:47 PM
Brian,

did you use a spot welder to weld the taillight panel  back on? It looks good!  :2thumbs: Can it be done with a mig welder (Millermatic 135), or is it not worth the agravation? I'm gonna need to replace mine (along with trunk, quarters, and valance) and I'd hate to screw it up. Thanks for all the picts.

Rich

It can definitely be done with a wire welder. I just like to use our spot welder as much as I can on the areas that can be seen.It just looks more factory.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

jaak

Looks Awesome :2thumbs: Keep up the good work!

Have you got the '70 fenders and hood for it yet?

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on September 23, 2009, 03:16:29 PM
Looks Awesome :2thumbs: Keep up the good work!

Have you got the '70 fenders and hood for it yet?

Jason

Classic body designs is supossed to have the fenders done Oct 1....We will see.

The hood will be picked up at the Monster Mopar show this weekend.

1969chargerrtse

Great work, this is so exciting to watch.  Can't wait for the paint pictures.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 23, 2009, 01:42:14 PM
Quote from: richRTSE on September 23, 2009, 01:32:47 PM
Brian,

did you use a spot welder to weld the taillight panel  back on? It looks good!  :2thumbs: Can it be done with a mig welder (Millermatic 135), or is it not worth the agravation? I'm gonna need to replace mine (along with trunk, quarters, and valance) and I'd hate to screw it up. Thanks for all the picts.

Rich

It can definitely be done with a wire welder. I just like to use our spot welder as much as I can on the areas that can be seen.It just looks more factory.

A lot faster too I bet!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude