News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

few more of the recall wheels.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

recalls look good   :yesnod:  , but  i'm with chris  dog dishes  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ACUDANUT

Dog Dishes = :eek2: They look way too cheap.
IMO most folks who claim they like them refuse to put them on their own car.. :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 23, 2010, 06:39:24 PM
My vote is for the white steelies!
Yeah the white really pops out.  I love the other rims, but the white and caps pop out better.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 23, 2010, 08:36:47 PM
IMO most folks who claim they like them refuse to put them on their own car..
:Twocents:

I AGREE!!!   THEY BELONG ON BASE MODEL CARS

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 24, 2010, 09:47:28 AM

Im not really trying to argue one set over another ,cause I like all three,but this car isnt exactly loaded with options. Manual steering ,brakes,transmission,windows,am radio. Heck it doesnt even have hood turn indicators. I would call it a janer.

xx29440charger

I like the recall wheels :2thumbs: Makes your great looking Daytona look even better.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 24, 2010, 10:38:00 AM

Im not really trying to argue one set over another ,cause I like all three,but this car isnt exactly loaded with options. Manual steering ,brakes,transmission,windows,am radio. Heck it doesnt even have hood turn indicators. I would call it a janer.
i hope u  will upgrade to power brakes and steering

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on November 24, 2010, 10:50:17 AM

Why?

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 24, 2010, 06:51:41 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 23, 2010, 06:39:24 PM
My vote is for the white steelies!
Yeah the white really pops out.  I love the other rims, but the white and caps pop out better.

+3  :2thumbs:  White steelies look the best.  Maybe recall wheels just seem to go with dark color cars better. :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 24, 2010, 10:53:28 AM

Why?
it cant stop well with the big hemi ???????

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on November 24, 2010, 11:07:14 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 24, 2010, 10:53:28 AM

I'm not really trying to argue one set over another ,cause I like all three,but this car isnt exactly loaded with options. Manual steering ,brakes,transmission,windows,am radio. Heck it doesn't even have hood turn indicators. I would call it a janer.

Why?
it cant stop well with the big hemi ???????

It stops awesome! You just have to push on the pedal a little harder.

As for the steering. I hate mopar power steering. It works TOO good. No road feel.

moparstuart

my 69 runner has manual steering after 27 year of driving it around , I enjoy power steering in the birdible .  Manual is great once your moving but in tight spaces it sucks and especially in a car as long and fragile nose !!  :Twocents:

Troy

That settles it! I'm making the trip to Iowa to take some "good" pictures of your car... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

THEY BELONG ON BASE MODEL CARS[/size]

... and 1969 Hemicars...

IMHO, all of the wheel combos you've tried so far look great.  Hard to go wrong with any of those considering how awesome the rest of the car looks, but I am partial to the look of steelies & 'caps.  Bright colors like white really stand out.

:2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

I would like it either way. :2thumbs: I guess you'r not the guy who puts 22" pimpwheels
on your car or? ;)

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemigeno on November 24, 2010, 01:42:45 PM

... and 1969 Hemicars...

IMHO, all of the wheel combos you've tried so far look great.  Hard to go wrong with any of those considering how awesome the rest of the car looks, but I am partial to the look of steelies & 'caps.  Bright colors like white really stand out.

That was the original reason for getting the white steelies.Even if I have others atleast I have what would be right for what I cloned.

randr

Quote from: hemigeno on November 24, 2010, 01:42:45 PM

... and 1969 Hemicars...

Agree!
I'm Bored! what to do next......

ACUDANUT

Keep the recall rims. They look 10 times better than the cheap steel rims. :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Good point because they ain't going on my car.  But I like them on his.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

I like the fact of having numerous wheel combos to throw on when you get bored of whats on it!!!!They all look good!!!!!My fav is the magnums though.

C500

I vote the steelies. As much as I love the recalls, I reckon your car looks better with the steelies. I think it's the white that does it for me.

I'm going steelies too, but with a couple of options like the recall-replacement Polara wheel covers and black nascar-look wheels with no caps.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."