News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......

69bronzeT5

Wow Brian....it looks DEADLY!!! :drool5: I know the feeling of a tight garage, our last place the Charger's back bumper touched the wall and the front bumper had about 1/4 inch of clearance to the front door.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: randr on November 07, 2010, 08:28:01 PM
I need source for those rims and caps! :) Looks very nice!

I got the caps from B/E&A.

I also would like to get a set of recall wheels with redline bias sometime this winter. I think they will be my favorite,but I think it will be cool to have the 3 sets to choose from to spice it up once in a while.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

SnoPro440

Brian,

Your Daytona is friggin sweet.  Hopefully you will make it up to Mopars in the Park next year.  I really want to see it in person.

2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

694spdRT

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69 OUR/TEA

Looks real nice that way Brian!!!! :2thumbs: Maybe a 4th set of 14'' ww bias w/hubcaps!!!!!I've got a set if you want to borrow them . :D

Al

Impressive work, especially when you compare the later pictures with the ones from the first page  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 07, 2010, 06:46:45 PM
I also took one of each end to show you guyz how tight my garage is.

Do you have some sort of a rear wheel stop/bump on the floor that you back up to? I would hate to have to try to get that close to the rear wall each and every time without some sort of help.   :eek2:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 09, 2010, 10:10:36 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 07, 2010, 06:46:45 PM
I also took one of each end to show you guyz how tight my garage is.

Do you have some sort of a rear wheel stop/bump on the floor that you back up to? I would hate to have to try to get that close to the rear wall each and every time without some sort of help.   :eek2:

Actually...Both. My Daughter guides me against a wheel chuck on the floor. I then put another wheel chuck in front of the same tire and tap it in with a hammer , so the car don't move either way....... It really sucks!  :brickwall:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

TUFCAT

Sorry dude, I liked it better with the Magnum Road wheels. :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 16, 2010, 08:15:14 PM

You don't need to be sorry. That's the beauty of having all 3 sets of wheels. I can make a different car when ever I want. Some people will like with any wheels some wont like no matter what wheels are on it. I like in all fashion I just like the option to change it up sometimes.

P.S. I found a set of barely used Re-pop recall wheels with trim rings , lug nuts ...the works for 2k and that also includes f70 15 good year speedway red stripes.

694spdRT

Did you buy the recall wheels? Those would look awesome on it. :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 16, 2010, 08:42:24 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on November 16, 2010, 08:15:14 PM

You don't need to be sorry. That's the beauty of having all 3 sets of wheels. I can make a different car when ever I want. Some people will like with any wheels some wont like no matter what wheels are on it. I like in all fashion I just like the option to change it up sometimes.

P.S. I found a set of barely used Re-pop recall wheels with trim rings , lug nuts ...the works for 2k and that also includes f70 15 good year speedway red stripes.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

You car looks great with either set of rims.
I've been switching the rims out on the bird occasionally. I like the rallyes but the car had the Centerlines on it for so many years that it kind of looks correct with them on as well. I would love to have a set of the black billets like Mike has on Mr. Angrier but they wouldn't look as good with the stock brakes behind them. May have to go the big brake route some day. Of course then I wouldn't have the option of going back to the rallyes if I had the big brakes on the car.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

TUFCAT

I agree with you guys, changing wheels is like changing your shoes. They can really change the look.

Charger-Bodie

Going to install the Gene Gregory latch tray now......... I will report back later on how it went.

Charger-Bodie

WOW. What a difference! The Gene Gregory part is so much better! Its thick like 18 or maybe even 16 gauge, It fits good, its not full of filler to finish seams because its a stamped one piece unit, and most importantly.....The safety latch now fits and is in place properly.

For you other clone guys out there. I strongly reccomend the Gene Gregory latch tray. I comes ready to use right out of the box and cost isd about the same as the  E.N one and The Gene one if FAR superior!

randr

Damn YOU! well.....your pictures are bad! :eek2: but latch tray sounds very nice!  ;D :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
I'm Bored! what to do next......

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: randr on November 17, 2010, 09:34:10 PM
Damn YOU! well.....your pictures are bad! :eek2: but latch tray sounds very nice!  ;D :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Meh! Your not the first person to tell me my photo skills cant pay the billz.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 694spdRT on November 17, 2010, 07:53:47 AM

They should be here next week sometime. I will post more pics of the steelies an of the recall wheels when they arrive,weather permitting or course.

tan top

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 19, 2010, 12:01:44 PM
Quote from: 694spdRT on November 17, 2010, 07:53:47 AM

They should be here next week sometime. I will post more pics of the steelies an of the recall wheels when they arrive,weather permitting or course.

:coolgleamA:  ............... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ACUDANUT

Charger-Bodie

More wheel swap photos. Still not the greatest, but the weather is about done cooperating.