News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

QuoteWhat did you use Rene?

rite now i have a piece of cardboard painted black . i wasn't sure if the daytona one would work . now i know .thank you .  i gotta order one . i have the new headliner but not installed either . i figure those are good winter projects .  :icon_smile_big:
i was holding on with that cause i was toying with the idea of putting in a roll bar but i've decided against it .  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

green69rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 15, 2010, 07:27:08 PM
I've heard nothing but bad stuff about Trim Parts carpet. I have ACC carpet now and its nowhere near as good as ECS. I'm in the same boat with you Paul because I need to replace my nearly new carpet with ECS also.

Who's ECS, anybody got a web link??

The70RT

Quote from: green69rt on October 16, 2010, 03:20:03 PM
I've heard nothing but bad stuff about Trim Parts carpet. I have ACC carpet now and its nowhere near as good as ECS. I'm in the same boat with you Paul because I need to replace my nearly new carpet with ECS also.

I plan on getting some if it is that good. I guess this is the site?

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: The70RT on October 16, 2010, 03:43:47 PM
Quote from: green69rt on October 16, 2010, 03:20:03 PM

I plan on getting some if it is that good. I guess this is the site?

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/

Thats them Dennis.Ive never found the carpet on thier site. Just give them a call.......
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemigeno

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 15, 2010, 10:27:56 PM
QuoteWhat did you use Rene?

rite now i have a piece of cardboard painted black . i wasn't sure if the daytona one would work . now i know .thank you .  i gotta order one . i have the new headliner but not installed either . i figure those are good winter projects .  :icon_smile_big:
i was holding on with that cause i was toying with the idea of putting in a roll bar but i've decided against it .  :cheers:

I loaned Legendary Interiors my original Daytona package tray as a pattern a few months back.  They made sure the shape was correct, and also matched the pattern/texture of the pressboard much better (i.e. it's identical now) than their earlier package trays.  They were supposed to match up the welting also, but I didn't remember to compare it.

When ordering a headliner, Legendary now has two versions available... a less expensive version made from some GM pattern material (that's been the only option now for many years), and a slightly more expensive version which is a dead ringer for the original Mopar pattern that is also much heavier and durable than the other stuff (which has been available since 2009 or so).  Well worth the small investment to get the correct one, IMHO.

Car looks GREAT, Brian!

:2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Thanks Gene!

I just got back from the alignment shop. It lined up very easy and drives real nice.

Friday night I am going to undercoat the wheel wells and hopefully on saterday or sunday I can hit the road for a little test run.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 18, 2010, 06:28:59 PM
Thanks Gene!

I just got back from the alignment shop. It lined up very easy and drives real nice.

Friday night I am going to undercoat the wheel wells and hopefully on saterday or sunday I can hit the road for a little test run.
:2thumbs: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Thanks Stuart!! Ive waited a long time for my dancing clouds or whatever those are!!

1970Moparmann

Very cool...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

SkiJogg

I think you need to stay home and help me with my car now before you go running around to much. :2thumbs:
Hell don't hurt and a lick'n dot last

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: SkiJogg on October 19, 2010, 02:57:05 PM
I think you need to stay home and help me with my car now before you go running around to much. :2thumbs:

...............and He's funny too!

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......

BigBlockSam

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: very very cool  :cheers: she looks beautiful. i'm glad she's a running machine . good luck with her .

is it time for a burnout vid  yet?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Nice article in the winged warriors news letter this month brian   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: page 7-9 with color pictures .

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on October 20, 2010, 09:11:16 PM
Nice article in the winged warriors news letter this month brian   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: page 7-9 with color pictures .

Thanks Stuart. Should be cool to read the second half too.

I got the undercoating shot in the wheel well tonight....Pics to follow in the morning.

Charger-Bodie

.....and here are the pics.

randr

Nice! i still need to undercoat my challenger wheel weels and its been 3 years since i did that car! Looks alot better undercoated!!!
I'm Bored! what to do next......

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dartsportsteve

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: dartsportsteve on October 22, 2010, 10:30:30 AM
That is definately 1 Hot Daytona!

Looks awesome, Brian.

Thanks Steve.

I also got the pinch weld blacked out.

And one bonus picture outside.

1970Moparmann

Great job Brian!  Hope to see it in person. :2thumbs:  Enjoy it before the snow flies.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

tan top

:scope: :dance:   :drool5:  thats  awesome looking  car  :yesnod:  nice work Brian  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:   need youtube now of the Hemi laying rubber  ;)  :drive: :thumbs: 
great stuff  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

694spdRT

Awesome Brian! Looks fantastic and you beat the snow.  :cheers:

I really need a white muscle car now after seeing that beauty.

Now, put a hitch on it and you can start hauling trailer loads of firewood with me. That Hemi should have enough power. :lol:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 22, 2010, 10:51:18 AM

Looks awesome, Brian.

Thanks Steve.

Doesn't the pinch weld stay white?  Or you wanted it black for aesthetics?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 22, 2010, 10:51:18 AM

Looks awesome, Brian.

Thanks Steve.

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   now go drive the wheels off it , you deserve the Fun