News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Got some more stuff done..... Installed the IAS shocks. installed the new b/u lamps. brakes are adjusted and bled out real nice. everything electrical is working properly and done. hood pin lanyards on. freshly re-detailed retro licence frame installed ( came on my cousins 69 charger,I talked him out of it. Its been on 4 of my cars now) . Also installed my Dayclona modified (I sent them to Mike) W/O moldings....Thanks Mike.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

Oh yeah, I was able to drive it to the shop to do this stuff....That was fun!

The last picture is by far my favorite one......... I didnt stage that or anything either. I just set him in the seat, and he did the rest.  :drive:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

hotrod98

That last pic is priceless.  :2thumbs:
Last week when we went to look at a 71 Cuda drag car. My son took a pic of my grandson trying to shift the car. He got to sit in it before I did. I bought the car so I guess that means he has dibs on it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

tan top

man that thing is looking awesome  :drool5: :drool5:
last picture is great  :yesnod: :drive:  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

timmy

dartsportsteve

Like father like son... He looks right at home.

Looking awesome, Brian.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Brian, about those IAS shocks.....can you install them with the boot on top & have you driven a car with them in yet?   Hows the ride?  harsh?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 20, 2010, 08:14:26 AM
Brian, about those IAS shocks.....can you install them with the boot on top & have you driven a car with them in yet?   Hows the ride?  harsh?

The front one have to be installed boot down,the rears can go either way but for uniformity I put them the same. I actually kinda like em that way,they blend in better under there.

As far as ride,I don't have much input from this car. I did have them on my Black car though,and they were not as harsh as the kybs. If you already have kybs I don't think its worth switching,but if you have none its worth the difference.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I got rid of my KYB's because on NYC streets they sucked!   Put in regular Monroe Gas-Matics....was looking for more of a dampning effect without the harshness....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 20, 2010, 02:57:41 PM
I got rid of my KYB's because on NYC streets they sucked!   Put in regular Monroe Gas-Matics....was looking for more of a dampning effect without the harshness....

They would probably be a good choice then.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2010, 06:38:53 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on June 11, 2010, 10:14:47 PM
DO YOU EVER SLEEP??  :icon_smile_big:
If that was mine I wouldn't be sleeping either.  :drool5:

Amazing Brian... just flat-out AMAZING!  You have an ultimate dream machine there... soon you will be able to enjoy your new toy while knowing that you built it your way!.

Keep it up!  :popcrn:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 20, 2010, 09:11:53 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 20, 2010, 08:14:26 AM

The front one have to be installed boot down,the rears can go either way but for uniformity I put them the same. I actually kinda like em that way,they blend in better under there.

As far as ride,I don't have much input from this car. I did have them on my Black car though,and they were not as harsh as the kybs. If you already have kybs I don't think its worth switching,but if you have none its worth the difference.

Just an FYI----read a post on Moparts about this same topic.  member called the Eddy Tech Line & the shocks must be mounted with the boot in the downward position....due to an inertia valve that is in the piston (covered with the boot)
For the sake of looks Ill have to pass myself ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Been a while...... The headliner is in and the rear glass and 1/4 glass. 

1970Moparmann

When is the ETA on hitting the road?  Great work Brian. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 21, 2010, 01:26:25 PM
When is the ETA on hitting the road?  Great work Brian. :2thumbs:

Id like to drive it some yet this year, but Im sure it wont be too much. Im hoping to drive it ALOT next year though.

Got some hushmat put on the floors too.

Chargerrtforme

Haven't been on your thread in a while. Car looks great, as I knew it would.  :2thumbs:

jaak

:2thumbs: Looks fantastic, Brian! Sure has come a loooooooong way since the Rusty RT on the first page!!!!

Keep it up,
Jason

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 21, 2010, 07:43:11 PM

Id like to drive it some yet this year, but Im sure it wont be too much. Im hoping to drive it ALOT next year though.

Will the hushmat go further up the firewall? 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 23, 2010, 03:11:42 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 21, 2010, 07:43:11 PM

Will the hushmat go further up the firewall? 

I probably will, but I wanted to wait to see where the carpet ends first because I dont want the deadener to show past the edge.

Daytona Guy

Your Daytona will be one of the best done. WOW. I'm impressed!

It brings back memories of my #6 Daytona - but yours out does it by far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 26, 2010, 10:26:42 PM
Your Daytona will be one of the best done. WOW. I'm impressed!

It brings back memories of my #6 Daytona - but yours out does it by far.
wow!  :drool5:  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

NYCMille

Charger-Bodie

Thanks alot guys!! I really do appreciate the compliments. Sometimes just thinking about the fact that this is my car just makes me smile right out of the blue.  :icon_smile_big: It truly is my dream car and I feel very lucky to have it.