News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

The Nose ,valance and other parifanalia are installed.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

Feels like there isn't any comments over that havn't been said but anyway, just supergreat. :2thumbs:
When I check in to your thread I almost want to sell the charger so I could speed up the Challengerproject because there
isn't anything nicer in life then assemble a newly painted Mopar. :lol:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemidog

1970Moparmann

Your booking on that car!  Keep it going and you'll be driving it in a month! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TUFCAT

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 11, 2010, 10:14:47 PM
DO YOU EVER SLEEP??  :icon_smile_big:

Yep! From about 11 pm to 5 am ALMOST every night.

Got the exhaust on (TTI 3" H pipe) . Wing is settin on with washers spacing it, I dont want to bolt it down tight until the stripe has been on for a while for fear of wrinking it. and yeah its on the floor!!  :woohoo:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

maxwellwedge

Looking like my old one.....Nice!  Will you be putting undercoat in the wheel wells? Looks like a lot of white in there.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 12, 2010, 11:12:42 AM
Looking like my old one.....Nice!  Will you be putting undercoat in the wheel wells? Looks like a lot of white in there.

It will definitely be getting undercoated in the wheel wells,but not until its aligned. I would black out the wheel wells even if the car was black.

maxwellwedge

C500

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 12, 2010, 10:40:20 AM
and yeah its on the floor!!  :woohoo:

Great milestone and congrats on a lot of hard work.

Two questions...are you keeping the R/T emblem and is your car drum brakes all round??

Duncan
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Kiwi68 on June 12, 2010, 02:53:14 PM

Two questions...are you keeping the R/T emblem and is your car drum brakes all round??

Duncan

Yes and yes.

C500

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 12, 2010, 03:01:34 PM

Duncan

Yes and yes.

Good call  :yesnod:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Kiwi68 on June 12, 2010, 03:06:25 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 12, 2010, 03:01:34 PM

Duncan

Yes and yes.

Good call  :yesnod:

I got the firm feel Mettalic shoes for the drum brakes.....curious to see how they work.

The R/T emblem,supposedly there were a few real Daytonas that had the R/T emblem and not only that,but this is the first real R/T car (non-clone) Ive ever had so I just wanted the R/T emblem to be there.

C500

I'm planning on doing the same with the drums on my car. Keen to hear what you think of them, and if they are no good, I will put a SSBC kit up front.

DAY CLONA

Looks Awesome Brian!......very well put together, Top Shelf quality in your build.....congrats dude!,....

Mike

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 12, 2010, 04:33:37 PM
Looks Awesome Brian!......very well put together, Top Shelf quality in your build.....congrats dude!,....

Mike

Thanks Mike!! That feels extra good coming from the Wingcar master!!

jaak

Like everyone else has said....looks awesome!!! Whats next on the checklist.....interior installation???

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on June 12, 2010, 04:39:02 PM
Like everyone else has said....looks awesome!!! Whats next on the checklist.....interior installation???

Jason

Gonna take a break from working on it while accumulating the interior parts and some othe stuff like repop tail light lenses and bezals...etc.

Thanks Again guys.

69RT3X9

Hi Brian!

The car looks great!  I can't wait to see it in person!  Once again, nice work!   This is an amazing transformation!  Thanks for sharing the status of your project!  I love it!

-Jon

Charger-Bodie

On its way home for a couple month "break" . I will still dink around on it some,but not at the pace I have been.

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

AKcharger

TUFCAT

Such a beautiful car!

Guys like you in this hobby are getting harder and harder to find.....you are truly a craftsman :icon_smile_wink:

Enjoy every minute of pleasure it brings! :2thumbs: