News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

speed trap Heath

Started by flyinlow, July 28, 2009, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

So, being a "computer guy"... what's to stop the programmers from snapping the picture a couple of milliseconds prior to the red light? I mean, the company selling the cameras to the local governments are guaranteeing a certain amount of revenue. Seems like a conflict of interest to me. It doesn't take much to play with the timing of the lights to catch drivers off guard and the driver has no proof of their own to refute the ticket. I was reading a study the other day that noted most of the "t-bone" accidents (that the cameras are supposed to prevent) involve emergency vehicles. Those statistics don't change much with the cameras but, rear end collisions increase due to people anticipating the light. I predict we'll see a lot more of these revenue generating schemes as state and local governments struggle with budgets. That's all they are as I don't believe there's any safety advantage at all.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

I'd like to see pork-bill cameras installed into the house of congress.  Fine them $10,000 every time the camera snaps a shot of them voting for unnecessary pork. 

chargergirl

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 03, 2009, 10:35:24 PM

I'd like to see pork-bill cameras installed into the house of congress.  Fine them $10,000 every time the camera snaps a shot of them voting for unnecessary pork. 

It would never pass since congress would have to vote on it.  :-\
Trust your Woobie!