News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I know what mapquest says....for the CT members...

Started by dkn1997, July 27, 2009, 06:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Taking a long weekend to drive to see my family.  Traveling from my home on LI, NY to Buffalo area.  Just to switch it up and to give the kids some stuff to look at, I'm taking the ferry from LI to bridgeport,then driving across CT.  My question is what's the best way to get across CT?  I'd be leaving the bridgeport ferry terminal @9am on Thursday morning...my destination is RT 17... or should I take 84 up to the thruway (90) ?

I know it would likely be quicker to go through the city and then 80/380/81 and then pick my poisen, 17 or the 90...but iv'e done that 100 times and it's b-o-r-i-n-g  I'm not taking the ferry to save time...with that said, i'd still like the quicketst way to go once I get to CT. 

any thoughts?
RECHRGED

69 OUR/TEA

Hey dkn1997,
           once you get off the ferry,take 95 north for a few miles (right around Milford exit 36,37ish) look for the exit for the connector to bring you over to 5&15 or otherwise known as the Wilbur cross parkway,take that north,25 miles or so,when you get into Meriden you will see it splits,stay to the right and get on 91 North.Take 91 North right up thru CT ,right into Mass,and there you will find the Mass pike( 90),West toward Albany and so on .
     Rob can give you the exact # for the exit on 95 for that connector as he is from down that end of the state.Actually you will be driving right by his house too.
    When were you going to be passing thru CT?

69 OUR/TEA

One more option,you can take RT 8 all the way up into Winsted ,Ct stay on rt 8 right into Lee,Ma,and it pretty much brings you right to the Mass pike( 90),just before Albany,NY.

Old Moparz

Don't believe everything that Mapquest tells you.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

dkn1997

Thanks guys.  I just got back. I ended up taking 84 to 17.  I made it from the bridgeport ferry terminal to Buffalo in 6 hours.  I don't think going that far north to the thruway would have been quicker....
RECHRGED