News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else have a problem with classic cars being sent overseas?

Started by Sublime69, July 27, 2009, 12:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooperman

Quote from: Sublime69 on July 27, 2009, 02:05:14 PM
They aren't my "brothers" and I doubt they respect the cars more than a lot of people here, including myself. As I understand it, most offshore buyers are looking for an investment. Then there's the few that show up in places like here looking for advice.
You seem like just another smart ass trying to stir an argument by putting words in my mouth. Have fun with you dukes knock off.

Totally incorrect. I've wanted a '68 or '69 Charger since I was 10 years old. It took me until my 40th birthday to realise my dream. I have the greatest respect for my Charger - it's almost revered. Everything else is 'just a car'!

Funnily enough, I live and work in an area of England with a really high concentration of USAF personel. I own and run an American vehicle repair shop, and until recently was one of the few shops in the UK to carry out warranty work for the big three. I know WAY more about US cars and trucks than European ones. I would say that it is my heritage, whether you like it or not. My Charger stands in the corner of my shop, and the number of airmen that appreciate seeing a slice of Americana so far from home you would not believe.

Incidentally, I bought my car from an forum member here, and I believe he'd tried to sell it for a few months before I contacted him.

Lighten up Francis...
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

skip68

Jenny Lees !   ;)  :nana:   I'm not trying to be a smart ass. "I am one though"  I can understand feeling sad to see lots of cars going away, but it seems that you are angry over it.   For you to say "They are not my brothers" when referring to our Foreign members is wrong.  It comes across as a form of hate and is not what we are about or this site.  This site is for all Charger/Mopar lovers.  I for one don't want our foreign members reading this and feeling like they are second class or have no right to these cars.  This is clearly not the way most of us Charger guys feel.     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Sublime69

Quote from: skip68 on July 27, 2009, 02:48:59 PM
Jenny Lees !   ;)  :nana:   I'm not trying to be a smart ass. "I am one though"  I can understand feeling sad to see lots of cars going away, but it seems that you are angry over it.   For you to say "They are not my brothers" when referring to our Foreign members is wrong.  It comes across as a form of hate and is not what we are about or this site.  This site is for all Charger/Mopar lovers.  I for one don't want our foreign members reading this and feeling like they are second class or have no right to these cars.  This is clearly not the way most of us Charger guys feel.     

Are you serious? I have to be forced into "loving the entire world". Give me a break. And don't even try to put the hatred lable on me. They aren't my brothers, period. I take people on a person to person basis. I don't know the entire world, therefore I can neither love nor hate them until their actions see fit to do so. Just liking the same car as someone else doesn't make me want to be their best bud.
1969 Charger 440
1968 Satellite 318 Future Road Runner Clone
1989 Diplomat Ex-Cop Car Winter Beater
1985 Chevy C-10 400 SB Winter Project
2004 Honda Civic Daily Driver

Arthu®

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Honestly skip, I wouldn't worry much about the foreign people being offended. Sublime has done a pretty good job of making himself look like an ass, plus this is the first time ever on this forum this topic has even been brought up. I too can understand the point that you would be sad to see a number of cars leave the country  (honestly though these are very very small numbers compared to the running restored cars that are in the U.S.), but the things he is bringing up are ridiculous. I might not own a Mopar at the moment, but as soon as I get the money I might just bring out a bit on Sublime's car ;). Especially the point that we would buy the american cars just to look like an American is stupid, can't we just appreciate the styling? Is that not good enough. What about all the Americans buying Jaguar E-types are those pretending to be British?

This topic is entertaining though, I was a little bored as it is raining in Warsaw today but this did really put a smile on my face. I just love seeing ignorance...

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

skip68

You put the lable on yourself.   Let me explain this slow so you understand.      When   I   say   "brothers"   what   I   mean   is   other   members.      We   are   kind   of   like   a   club.      Like   when   we   say   Ma-Mopar.    We   all   know   that   Ma-Mopar   is   not   our   mother.......... :slap:         If this is how you feel, this may not be the right place for you.     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

RECHRGD

Well, now that I think about it, there's only a few of us on this board that have a true heritage with these cars and deserve them.  That would be us old farts that bought them new back in the 60's.  We are the ones that really lived in the time and drove them.  So, please, if your under 60 years old, just give them all back to me.  Thanks,  Bob :cheers: :cheers:
13.53 @ 105.32

Steve P.

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 27, 2009, 10:13:21 AM
then Italians, Brittish and Germas should hate when some cool Mercedes, Ferrari, Lambo, Masserati, Bugatti, Aston Martin is being sold to USA ( specially California )

Calm down buddy.

Once again Nacho has hit the same nail dead on the head as I. And once again he beat me to it...

If you want to be pissed about any sort of exportation I can think of many of our products that I WISH were still headed over seas.  You SHOULD be proud that other people in other countries love some of our heritage. Or are you just pissed that someone has more money and can afford it at a higher cost than you?

Something else to consider. Many people are buying up these cars as a business. A "FOR PROFIT" business. Why would they care who buys it as long as they are making theirs? This is not a "CLUB". Their are no rules to be adhered to. If you came up with the better wheel or better mouse trap, you would sell it to anyone and as many as possible.

JMO..........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

I guess what I mean instead of "club" is a group of folks that love the same thing and want to help each other out, share and learn.   :cheers:    Nacho, we are going to start buying all the cars your country builds next.    :nana: :nana: :nana:   Bob, you don't want my car.   I don't think you will like the color.    ;)

69bronzeT5

You my sir, are a douche. To me, it seems like you expected a bunch of people to agree with you but when that didn't happen, you got your panties in a wad. :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

That's it.  Put what ever label on it you want, but as long as I am a mod here I will not stand for someone bashing another member.

I removed your last nasty comment and I'll do it again. This is a place for like interests. NOT a place to come and bash everyone that doesn't fit your criteria. You have an opinion and you posted it. Great. Now you know there is not one other member in this family that shares your opinion. There is no room here for the BS you just posted, so as far as I am concerned you have been handed your hat. If you have a problem with that you can PM me.

Have a nice day.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida