News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would you do??

Started by Skyview69, July 27, 2009, 10:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneofNoneRT

Keep us posted.. Would like to hear his "offer" .. :shruggy:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Skyview69

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on July 28, 2009, 03:44:10 PM
Keep us posted.. Would like to hear his "offer" .. :shruggy:

Will do...We'll see if he even calls....

Skyview69

Surprise...they were a no show.  Anyway..thanks for the comments.

b5blue

They were hoping you were a sucker! This is what I mean.....You spent all this time thinking about what you may do and they didn't even call to back out?  :eek2: Poop on them!!

moparmark

Quote from: kab69440 on July 27, 2009, 05:04:19 PM
A sunroof/ power moonroof can be added to any Charger. If it saved me 20k in bodywork and years of aggravation, I'd start with the more solid car. "Rare" is a synonym for "expensive/ potentially impossile to repair". If he offers you a cleaner car, take it and let him deal with the "rarity".

Hey there,

A hemi engine can be added to any charger as well. The point is that it is a FACTORY sunroof car. Any option can be added to any car. But it still is considered a CLONE. Keep the car and when you have the time and money to restore it you'll be happy you hung on to her.

Mark

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Skyview69 on July 27, 2009, 11:55:16 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on July 27, 2009, 11:36:36 AM
enough to get me into an R/T...  :shruggy:

That would be nice  :drool5: but I don't see that happening!

If you search craigslist i have come across three project 68-70 r/ts this week for 10K or less each

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1304226841.html

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/1288582822.html

http://sd.craigslist.org/cto/1289903770.html

I even found a couple 68-70 r/t's on the road for around $15000 needing some work.

Don't fall into the hype that there are none left. Must be somewhere around 35 thousand r/t's built between 68-70

If i didn't have my 70 r/t project i'd be all over the 68 :drool5:

I paid 5k for mine with no motor/tranny and needs the works roof, 1/4's, trunk floor,tail panel, 1 fender,cowl, door hinge pillars already changed the full floor.

Only reason i bought was because it had the fender tag and body numbers all match and SURPRISEINGLY the unibody and all the frame rails were super solid.
I bought 2 years ago, guess i should have held off a little longer into the recession to buy :S

I fell better though cause i inquired about another 69 r/t needing everyting mine needs plus frame rails for 10k in NY.

Chad

I would trade it for a similar Charger that requires less work to restore, however i dont really see how/why someone would trade a better car for a worse one, unless he thinks its worth having a sunroof?
Also spending time, even if a handful of years on restoring whatever car you go with, will mean more and i would think you'd enjoy the car more, than one you hardly had to do any work too.

:Twocents:
"Well, I'll say this: climbing can kill you, but women can destroy you. There's a big difference, y'know."--Derek Hersey

b5blue

I'm telling Ya sunroof is the cat's meow when yer done!!  :2thumbs:

myk

Quote from: Skyview69 on August 04, 2009, 08:56:36 AM

I say it's a good thing. A lot of people are just talking out of their asses or just trying to rip you off anyway.  I was sitting by my car outside of work today and some guy offers me $3,000 for my car that's easily worth 5 times that amount; he tried to act like he was doing me a favor.  Whatever...

Skyview69

Quote from: myk on August 07, 2009, 05:05:46 AM

I say it's a good thing. A lot of people are just talking out of their asses or just trying to rip you off anyway.  I was sitting by my car outside of work today and some guy offers me $3,000 for my car that's easily worth 5 times that amount; he tried to act like he was doing me a favor.  Whatever...

Next time tell them sure....show me the money...and when they come back say...sorry...changed my mind!

moparstuart

Quote from: Skyview69 on August 07, 2009, 07:53:10 AM
Quote from: myk on August 07, 2009, 05:05:46 AM

Next time tell them sure....show me the money...and when they come back say...sorry...changed my mind!
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

They may still come back & offer you something for it, but they may even be just fishing for a deal & ask you "How much do you want for it?" & wait to see if you know what you have. If you're seriously considering selling it, then it can't hurt to at least consider the offer if it isn't insulting, or take his phone number & save it. One more thing to also consider is that they weren't interested in buying anything & just casing your house, property, & car.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

kab69440

Quote from: moparmark on August 04, 2009, 10:19:10 AM
The point is that it is a FACTORY sunroof car.

Yaaaaaaawn.

Quote from: moparmark on August 04, 2009, 10:19:10 AM
Any option can be added to any car.

Tell me about it... :icon_smile_big:
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."