News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

To clone or not to clone....that is the question

Started by 68RRFlyer, July 26, 2009, 09:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 28, 2009, 02:24:03 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 28, 2009, 02:11:55 PM
"Daytona Bastards".....has a real nice sound to it.
Funny, I used to call Hemi guys "Hemi Assholes", for their jerk-wad "holier-than-thou" attitudes.

So, what are you if you have a Hemi Daytona?
The only Hemi Daytona owner I've ever met was real nice guy.

I guess the combined effect cancels each other out? :scratchchin:

So, since I gave up a hemi-car for a Daytona, am I a reborn Daytona Bastard now and no longer a "Hemi A-Hole"?   :angel:

You obviously need to trade up to a Hemi Daytona to become absolved. :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

hemi68charger

Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 28, 2009, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on July 28, 2009, 02:24:03 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 28, 2009, 02:11:55 PM
"Daytona Bastards".....has a real nice sound to it.
Funny, I used to call Hemi guys "Hemi Assholes", for their jerk-wad "holier-than-thou" attitudes.

So, what are you if you have a Hemi Daytona?
The only Hemi Daytona owner I've ever met was real nice guy.

I guess the combined effect cancels each other out? :scratchchin:

So, since I gave up a hemi-car for a Daytona, am I a reborn Daytona Bastard now and no longer a "Hemi A-Hole"?   :angel:

You obviously need to trade up to a Hemi Daytona to become absolved. :icon_smile_big:

I knew I couldn't get ahead.......... So, like Jim, I need someone else to get a Daytona soon to take over my title of DB......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

68RRFlyer

Hmmmmm, you guys make an interesting argument and thanks for the observations from the guys currently building clones.  I'm still on the fence.  I want to do the 4spd conversion first and may have stumbled across another car to buy so the winged warrior may be put on the fence.  Man, I never realized how much just the parts alone would be for one of these things but they sure are expensive.  I'll keep you guys posted.  Orange?  Sorry Troy.  After spraying that LL1 down no other colors seem to penetrate into the psyche! I think I coated my corneas   :icon_smile_big:

Cheers  :cheers: 
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on July 27, 2009, 11:57:42 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 27, 2009, 11:24:05 PM
Quote from: RTDaddy on July 27, 2009, 08:13:46 PM
because there will be several days/nights you will walk out of the shop in frustration.  Good luck.

Not to mention the nights where the Ol' lady gets worried, comes out to the shop well past midnight, finds you curled up under the car in the fetal position sobbing uncontrollably, while mumbling some strange chant over and over again in a language not of this Earth...

Personal experience??  :D

Yes.  :eek2:

BigBlockSam

QuoteNot to mention the nights where the Ol' lady gets worried, comes out to the shop well past midnight, finds you curled up under the car in the fetal position sobbing uncontrollably, while mumbling some strange chant over and over again in a language not of this Earth...

:yesnod:  :cheers:

i couldn't  get the one light to open all the way  . i took that thing apart at least 15-20 times.i finally had to walk away .
  about 2am ,i can't sleep.frig-en couldn't stop thinking about that light bucket . so there i am at two in the morning outside  messing with the lights .
the next day i took the nose off the car again. that nose was on and off the car about 15-20 times too . threw it in my truck drove almost 2 hours to daytonalo's house . it took him about two hours and he had them working properly .

i could not have built my daytona without help from my friends . some built me parts for a fraction of the price  or helped me assemble the beast . daytona's are  not easy to build properly  ;D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

A383Wing

Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 28, 2009, 10:30:28 AM
Don't do it man.
Then you'll be just another jerk like all the other Daytona guys!!!

(I wish I was a Daytona jerk..... :D)

Yer a jerk....just Daytona-less   :nana:   :rofl:

Magnumcharger

Quote from: A383Wing on July 28, 2009, 08:10:41 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 28, 2009, 10:30:28 AM
Don't do it man.
Then you'll be just another jerk like all the other Daytona guys!!!

(I wish I was a Daytona jerk..... :D)

Yer a jerk....just Daytona-less   :nana:   :rofl:

And Hemi-less jerk as well.... ::)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Ghoste

Blown70

Quote from: 68RRFlyer on July 28, 2009, 04:36:04 PM
Hmmmmm, you guys make an interesting argument and thanks for the observations from the guys currently building clones.  I'm still on the fence.  I want to do the 4spd conversion first and may have stumbled across another car to buy so the winged warrior may be put on the fence.  Man, I never realized how much just the parts alone would be for one of these things but they sure are expensive.  I'll keep you guys posted.  Orange?  Sorry Troy.  After spraying that LL1 down no other colors seem to penetrate into the psyche! I think I coated my corneas   :icon_smile_big:

Well I can attest to the parts cost.  I have wing (dane's) Braces (larry) and the hard ware (larry) make for the support ont he front.  Have vega hatch and 73-4, drip rail, and trunk close out (gene gregory).  Still need all the front of the car parts,   big things beingn NOSE (and associated parts) wing washers,(could make) Z-braces, spoiler, lights, on and on....... $$$ still to spend.

moparstuart

Quote from: Blown70 on July 28, 2009, 10:21:20 PM
Quote from: 68RRFlyer on July 28, 2009, 04:36:04 PM

Well I can attest to the parts cost.  I have wing (dane's) Braces (larry) and the hard ware (larry) make for the support ont he front.  Have vega hatch and 73-4, drip rail, and trunk close out (gene gregory).  Still need all the front of the car parts,   big things beingn NOSE (and associated parts) wing washers,(could make) Z-braces, spoiler, lights, on and on....... $$$ still to spend.
we are in thesame boat 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

Blown70

66chargerkid

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: Blown70 on July 28, 2009, 11:36:25 PM
Except STUART you got you a wing car..... :2thumbs:
yeah that one was alot easier to build too ( even if it took me 11 years )  , trying to find a steel nose and load it up with the good/correct durable parts is not easy or cheap .  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing