News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I still wrestle with the idea of putting the column shift back in.

Started by paironines, July 25, 2009, 12:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paironines

My 69 Charger orig had a column shift and buddy seat. In high school I put the correct column and console in the car cause the stuff was cheap and cooler than a column shift.  I really doubt I put it back in but I catch myself thinking about how it was briefly with the column shift.  Somebody straighten me out.

69bronzeT5

A console is cool but you don't see many column shifts out there. ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

If it were mine, I'd probably leave the way it is now because that's the preferred look for me.

Mike DC

If it ain't an R/T or some other car that's valuable for its stock condition, then I say just build it the way you would have wanted to order it from the factory in the 60s. 

69*F5*SE

Tilar

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 25, 2009, 02:01:20 AM

If it ain't an R/T or some other car that's valuable for its stock condition, then I say just build it the way you would have wanted to order it from the factory in the 60s. 

That's the situation I'm in. I guess in reality my car is in pretty fair shape. Frame rails and everything is in pretty good shape. It needs the typical trunk floor and quarter panels but it's just a plain 318, 3sp on the column no AC car. It'll have a 440 with a 518, console and factory air. I wish it were an R/T but it's not and since the original engine and tranny are long gone I'm building it like I want it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69 OUR/TEA

Although I prefer the look of the console floor shift,I will be leaving mine column shift to keep it original,besides like others had said,you don't see it that much.Never thought I'd like the buddy seat that much,but aving the buddy seat is actually pretty comfortable when driving around having something to lean on.
Since you already had it with the console for years now and enjoyed it that way,switch it up and go back to the column. :2thumbs:

UFO

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2009, 12:33:44 AM
If it were mine, I'd probably leave the way it is now because that's the preferred look for me.
:iagree:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 25, 2009, 08:38:47 AM
Although I prefer the look of the console floor shift,I will be leaving mine column shift to keep it original,besides like others had said,you don't see it that much.Never thought I'd like the buddy seat that much,but aving the buddy seat is actually pretty comfortable when driving around having something to lean on.
Since you already had it with the console for years now and enjoyed it that way,switch it up and go back to the column. :2thumbs:
Your car is awesome Paul and I'd leave it just like that also.  Original always wins.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Rolling_Thunder

Rarely see console shift cars....     but i like the console look better...    buddy seats are cool if you're into fun and games while driving...    there were about 200 times in high school where i wished i had a column auto and a buddy seat    :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

paironines

I guess my slight urge to put it back is because it is different than my other cars, which are consoles.  Then the other side is I shift my autos alot and the factory columns are sloppy shifts which is part of the reason I put the shifter on the floor. Idk. It is nice to lean on that buddy seat tho......

BROCK

It's non stock - so whatever you can imagine is the way to go.  From reading
your posts here; I'd say find a MoPar console that has a buddy seat type of
armrest built in.  Or maybe build 1 :shruggy:

:Twocents:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world