News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front suspension set up

Started by 68chargerboy, July 22, 2009, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

im setting up the car for track use and was wondering what the front end should be built like? such as types of torsion bars shocks etc i should use.  in the rear i am going to put in a 4 link. also if anyone has any advice as to un-necesary items that is on these cars let me know.  trying to make it as light as possible. lossing weight is like gaining horse power  :coolgleamA:

HPP

What kind of track? Drag, oval, road, autocross? Any rules constraints we should know about?

Best light weight set up for the money is the AlterKation suspension. Drops 150# off the nose and costs around $3000 or so, depending on how you spec it out. However, depending on the answer above, may or may not be the best for your application.

68chargerboy

Blown70

Quote from: 68chargerboy on July 23, 2009, 12:34:56 PM
its for drag raceing. 

Try some thing like this......chomemoly tube, I can pick the car up in the from like this by myself.

Rolling_Thunder

If you want to keep the stock suspension design go with 90/10 shocks, 318 style torsion bars, no sway bar, light wheels and tires, aluminum rad, aluminum engine components, fiberglass hood...     how drastic do you want to go and what is your budget ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Mike DC

Blown 70, 

Maybe it's just the pic, but that tube front end sure doesn't look very squared with the rest of the firewall/body. 

Blown70

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 23, 2009, 04:04:00 PM
Blown 70, 

Maybe it's just the pic, but that tube front end sure doesn't look very squared with the rest of the firewall/body. 

Angle of the pic, if you square the pic may help... she is a very done right chassis, and very professionally done...... I have other pics that look better and much better when the fenders are on.....just save some room in the shop with them on the shelf.....

68chargerboy

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 23, 2009, 02:39:58 PM
If you want to keep the stock suspension design go with 90/10 shocks, 318 style torsion bars, no sway bar, light wheels and tires, aluminum rad, aluminum engine components, fiberglass hood...     how drastic do you want to go and what is your budget ?

this seems like more of the route that i would like to head because i am a college kid soooo i dont have too much money at the time  :'(