News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 help

Started by 69ChargersRule, July 22, 2009, 04:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69ChargersRule

I have a 318 in my car.It has an Edlebrock 600 carb and manifold.It has a Lunati Voodoo cam.I also have headers on the car.This motor was running strong with no problems.I notice that lately it idles fine but when driving it and you really get into it,it seems to want to take off but has a hesitation.It will cut out then run and cut out.Also after it has been ran awhile.It doesnt want to start very easy.What could be wrong?HELP!

694spdRT

Have you checked the fuel filter or pump? Sounds like it may be starving for fuel.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Go Hogs Go

You may have just fouled a plug. How long has it been since you've checked your plugs and wires?
Go Hogs!

GN

Secondary carburetor floats not letting enough fuel to engine?

Brock Samson

just off hand the carb maybe crapping out,.. how old is it?..
the starting problem sounds like the starter has heat sink issues,.. does it start promply after the car has cooled abit?.. my souped up 318 with headers and cam and what not would go thru carbs every few years and the stock starter would overheat and had to be cooled for 45 min. befor it would start right up... im just guessing baised on my exp.

69ChargersRule

What i had on the car was a Mr.Gasket fuel filter.Its the Glass one.The filter on the inside is a plastic.It collapsed.Im not sure why.I have changed it and the car is running alot better.I still plan on changing the pump.I want to go electric.Any suggestion?The plugs and wires and the entire top end of this motor was bought new about 3 months ago.The heads were entirely reworked.