News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Column Shifter Linkage ?

Started by 73Charger340, July 22, 2009, 12:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73Charger340

I have 73 Charger that originally had the 318.  Previous owner dropped in a 340/727 from a 68 A-Body (or so I'm told).  He used the factory column shifter but the bracket that mounts the linkage arm to the trans is homemade ... correction ... a bolt through the trans mount with a nut welded on the end for the linkage to turn in.

I was finally able to get P,R,N and D to line up on the indicator by adjusting it, but cannot get it into 2 or 1 and I have frequent binding getting it out of Park.  Does anyone know what factory linkages or an aftermarket kit to adapt the column shifter to the 727?
'53 Ford Tudor - Nostalgia Cruiser
'69 CJ-5 - In Pieces
'73 Charger - Built 318
'02 Discovery II - Stock (for now)
'05 CTS - 3.6L, CAI, V-Exhaust

devilgear

HA...I just tore mine out yesterday to put a Hurst shifter in. I'll sell it to ya if you want it...

73Charger340

Quote from: devilgear on July 22, 2009, 01:33:07 PM
HA...I just tore mine out yesterday to put a Hurst shifter in. I'll sell it to ya if you want it...

How much?  Will it fit a '73 B-Body w/727?
'53 Ford Tudor - Nostalgia Cruiser
'69 CJ-5 - In Pieces
'73 Charger - Built 318
'02 Discovery II - Stock (for now)
'05 CTS - 3.6L, CAI, V-Exhaust

devilgear

It came out of a 73 Charger so I guess it will fit...HAHHA. Email and well talk.
LATER!!!