News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My restoration project (stolen for 22 years)

Started by no40jm, July 21, 2009, 07:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no40jm

Front and rear seats are done!!!!!!!   I had to buy two used (POS) 1968-1969 b-body seats. Some one put 1967 front seats in the car at some point in time. My mom thinks its because the seats were ripped. The whole time she owned the car there was always tallows over the bottoms of the front seats.

I disassembled all the seats/tracks, sandblasted them, repainted them with PPG DP90, reassembled the tracks and installed new legendary seat foam and seat covers.
"If you chop your own fire wood it will warm you twice."
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right." HF

no40jm

more

no40jm

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

no40jm

The headliner is now installed, undercoating is done and all the trim has been polished and dents removed. 

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

68pplcharger

AKcharger

wow hadn't seen this thread before...excellent!

ACUDANUT

LOVE IT.   When do you want to start on mine.  :icon_smile_big:

472 R/T SE

You hear all these horror stories of folks being robbed in so many different ways & then a story like this pops up.  There's not enough of these stories popping up that's for sure.

What an outstanding job you've done so far.  Your folks should be proud.

May I ask what your day job is?

Bob T

Great thread and Fantastic job on a car which is a real piece of your families history. Well done, its impressive believe the car is back after 22 years.

Very cool and richly rewarding on a personal level and for your Mother as well  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Quote from: moparstuart on July 23, 2010, 02:08:36 PM
  dave at performance car graphics always does a fantastic job   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Yes, just got some stripes from customs from him today and Im well impressed with them  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

no40jm

no40jm

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 23, 2010, 11:33:56 PM
You hear all these horror stories of folks being robbed in so many different ways & then a story like this pops up.  There's not enough of these stories popping up that's for sure.

My folks are very proud.  Here's a little story from the past!!!!!

When I was a kid I always wanted a old muscle car. My dad was very against me owning one. So when I turned 15 years old, I saved up all my money for a muscle car. Going against my dad's order not to buy a car. I bought a 1972 ford mustang mach 1 for $800. When I got the car home I was told from my dad to "Get it off his property", so I parked the car on the road in front of our house. My dad still was not happy about my car being parked in front of the house and had the car towed.
After getting the car back from the tow yard, I moved it to a storage unit.  A year passed and I started the 11th grade, I decided to sign up for an auto body class  in school and for the next two years I restored my mustang. I can remember my dad telling me that I should throw out the car and that it was a POS or that restoring the car was a pipe dream and would never happen.  The day I graduated from high school the car was finished and was appraised about a month later for $28,000.
For the next five years of my life after high school I did not speak to my dad, it took a lot to start talking to him again.

Ten years later, after working on my 1969 charger for three long years it was ready for paint. I asked my dad if he would help me with moving the car from my house to the paint booth. Can you believe it he said yes!!!!!!! You don't know how happy I was when my dad and I were at the high school paint booth were I painted my mustang and he told me how proud he was of me!!!!!!!!!!!

As for my current job, I author diagnostic service manuals for Ford vehicles

ChgrSteve67

Nice story.

My Dad hated my Charger too.
All I ever heard was "when are you going to get rid of that thing"
I moved it to my Uncles house where is sat for 10+ years, then started hearing grief about that. (hearing crap from my dad not my Uncle)
Now that is restored all I hear is "If you ever need a place to park it I have space"
Funny how time changes things.

Nice looking Mustang. You can park it next to my Charger anyday.
Steve (Not really a Ford person)

ACUDANUT

You should open your own body shop.  You have some skill !!  I love that Mustang btw. Hey, why do alot of Mustangs like yours have the back end sitting so low ?

The70RT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 24, 2010, 03:41:46 PM
You should open your own body shop.  You have some skill !!  I love that Mustang btw. Hey, why do alot of Mustangs like yours have the back end sitting so low ?

So you can see out the back window............
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ACUDANUT

hemi-hampton

Quote from: no40jm on September 24, 2010, 09:07:25 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 23, 2010, 11:33:56 PM

My folks are very proud.  Here's a little story from the past!!!!!

When I was a kid I always wanted a old muscle car. My dad was very against me owning one. So when I turned 15 years old, I saved up all my money for a muscle car. Going against my dad's order not to buy a car. I bought a 1972 ford mustang mach 1 for $800. When I got the car home I was told from my dad to "Get it off his property", so I parked the car on the road in front of our house. My dad still was not happy about my car being parked in front of the house and had the car towed.
After getting the car back from the tow yard, I moved it to a storage unit.  A year passed and I started the 11th grade, I decided to sign up for an auto body class  in school and for the next two years I restored my mustang. I can remember my dad telling me that I should throw out the car and that it was a POS or that restoring the car was a pipe dream and would never happen.  The day I graduated from high school the car was finished and was appraised about a month later for $28,000.
For the next five years of my life after high school I did not speak to my dad, it took a lot to start talking to him again.

Ten years later, after working on my 1969 charger for three long years it was ready for paint. I asked my dad if he would help me with moving the car from my house to the paint booth. Can you believe it he said yes!!!!!!! You don't know how happy I was when my dad and I were at the high school paint booth were I painted my mustang and he told me how proud he was of me!!!!!!!!!!!

As for my current job, I author diagnostic service manuals for Ford vehicles

He's got some Interesting stories. Tell them about the Pearl Harbor car story.

P.S. I beleive he had some help on his bodywork :scratchchin:

no40jm

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 24, 2010, 03:41:46 PM

Thanks, Someday I would love to have my own restoration shop!!!!!! :icon_smile_cool:

Don't know why the back of the car sits lower then the front. The car does have one inch lowering springs on the front and back.

no40jm

Well after 3 weeks of fixing 41 year old plastic, sandblasting, removing dents, buffing and painting the grill is done!!!!!!!

no40jm

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

XS29L9Bxxxxxx