News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What name do you think? POLL-

Started by G-man, July 21, 2009, 02:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which name suits a 1968 Dodge Charger?

Rolling Thunder
14 (43.8%)
Thunder
8 (25%)
Balrog
10 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

G-man

Hi

I plan on getting the charger painted black with a Hemi in it. People seem to have things like "The Hammerhead" project, the "wildthing" project etc.

Was just tossing with the idea of those 3 names.

The 68 Charger with the black grill, black paint and a 528ci hemi in it to roar and rumble...

Thunder - Powerfull, everyone notices it and hears it and definately rumbles.

Rolling Thunder - Same as thunder but its rolling because the car sits on wheels and you hear thunder rolling past your house.

Balrog - JR Tolkiens defition of a big powerfull menacing humanoid... (demon i assume?), in this case, charger IS big, IS powerfull and DOES look menacing with that blacked out grill (nothing to do with demons or such things here)

I plan to get custom rocker covers with the signature on it and possibly the air cleaner inscribed somehow (embosed or engraved)...

THat gives you a bit of what I was thinking and what do YOU think would work great for that car. I know Rolling thunder would look fluent (due to the nature of the letters) and BALROG would look a little blocky asfar as the appearance of the signature goes but sounds tough... well you get it.

Ghoste

I think with the humanoid one you are going to find yourself explaining it to people a lot.  :Twocents:

Rolling_Thunder

<------       I think my choice is obvious     :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

CB

Okay, so the person who called my Charger 'Lola' was prolly in a romantic mood  :lol:

Rolling Thunder sounds cool but then we got a member and a car with the same name so...

Thunder would be better ;D  :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

JPL

Sinister 68 :o, I got that from my Sinister '71 :coolgleamA:

Back N Black

terrible one

I like Balrog. I've never heard anyone name their car this. It's original.  :2thumbs:

dodgecharger-fan

PocketThunder

How about G-man?  Just use your handle. :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68X426

None of the choices.

The greatest name ever is HEMI FI. It is perfect in every way.

I wanted it on my Road Runner plate, but it's taken in CA. Don't know your state but it might just be available for you.

Sometimes, maybe you wait and she will name herself when the time is right.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Foreman72

i was gonna call my resto

Project Primus

thats latin for chief or first...best thing i've got so far :icon_smile_big:

i was gonna call it godzilla but that wouldn't fit on a license plate

i've also considered TOPPER
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Foreman72 on July 21, 2009, 01:44:17 PM
i was gonna call my resto

Project Primus

thats latin for chief or first...best thing i've got so far :icon_smile_big:

i was gonna call it godzilla but that wouldn't fit on a license plate

i've also considered TOPPER

You could try Topher and really mess with people.

moparnole

Those are all nice names, but wasnt it already named CHARGER? :shruggy:

G-man

Quote from: moparnole on July 21, 2009, 03:59:37 PM
Those are all nice names, but wasnt it already named CHARGER? :shruggy:

:lol: (talking about an inscription on the rocker covers)

Quote from: Back N Black on July 21, 2009, 12:10:35 PM
How about "Money Pit"  :shruggy:

:smilielol: - sounds good!

jb666

How exciting, I just cast the tie vote  :popcrn:

G-man

This is for the ROCKER COVERS NOT the Number Plate. This is just whats going to be on the Thunderous Fire breathing Hemi. Nobody will see the name/writing until I pop the hood. See its Thgunderous, but a balrog is Fire breathing. I dont want people to think im into some demonic activity hence I didnt want barry grant DEMON carburettors n stuck with holley. DO people generaly assocciate a Balrog with Lord of the Rings fire breathing beast Ghandalf has to fight or not. Wow the things i get caught up in  :slap:

I got an IDEA!

H E A D A C H E

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Quote from: G-man on July 21, 2009, 10:08:49 PM
DO people generaly assocciate a Balrog with Lord of the Rings fire breathing beast Ghandalf has to fight or not.

I know I've already offered my opinion but I've read LOTR and watched the trilogy and when I read "Balrog" here, the first thing I thought of was a nasty venereal disease.

G-man

I voted Balrog.

For some reason in my mind "here is a Thunder" makes 0 contextial sense while "heres a balrog" makes sense.

http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~rjungman/projects/mcfarlane/Balrog.jpg - thats what a balrog is according to JR Tolkiens invention.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7682/68charger5ff4.jpg - heres what I plan onhaving with a 528 hemi under the hood.

Both are fire breathing, both are big, both are powerfull and you dont mess with either 1 (kind of look it gives). Seems they both want to swallow you up n spit u out. Thats kind of why I had the idea of the word Balrog. Guess what started this is Kim said "What? you want a demon in your caR?" and i was like "Huh?", so wondered whether everyone else refered a balrog to a demon or what.

Still think im swaying over to calling it HEADACHE

FlatbackFanatic

Name it "Thor the God of Thunder!" :icon_smile_big:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

sixty8charger

My project is called Hard Charger, with custom plates in the work "HRDCHGR"...
Jayson

Foreman72

hold the phone...if this is going on a hemi, my new vote is nothing... :Twocents:

i think the almighty hemi can stand pretty well on its own IMO...

just the thoughts of one man
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

dodgecharger-fan

moparnole

Vishnu the destroyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIRD67

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

HemiDad

H E M I,    Nothing else need to be said.

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Big Sugar

What were the horses the Dark Knights rode in TLOTR 's Called ? A Charger after all is a War Horse, Why not Pick a Horse's Name, Like a Midevil Horse.
Balrog is OK but for the most part I think most will not catch the Link.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Foreman72

Quote from: Big Sugar on July 22, 2009, 09:07:27 PM

Ron

:iagree: :Twocents:
Eric "Foreman"

G-man

Quote from: Big Sugar on July 22, 2009, 09:07:27 PM
What were the horses the Dark Knights rode in TLOTR 's Called ? A Charger after all is a War Horse, Why not Pick a Horse's Name, Like a Midevil Horse.

Ron

Uzgûl OR ringwraith

I think a balrog would swallow them up for breakfast lol. Maybe Just get HEMI designed nicely in it and keep it in suit. Thanks for the feedback though!

chargerman67

Balrog was also the name of the boxer on streetfighter. He was a tough character too though. I'm sure that was after Tolkien though seeing that was in the 90's  ;)

I voted for Balrog. Its different.
67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: "Nazgul" was the Black Charger the Ringwrath rode in the trilogy... just sayin,..  :shruggy:

G-man

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 23, 2009, 10:30:52 PM
:scratchchin: "Nazgul" was the Black Charger the Ringwrath rode in the trilogy... just sayin,..  :shruggy:

:smilielol:

Quote from: chargerman67 on July 23, 2009, 09:43:06 PM
Balrog was also the name of the boxer on streetfighter. He was a tough character too though. I'm sure that was after Tolkien though seeing that was in the 90's  ;)

I voted for Balrog. Its different.

He was my favourite character to use in alpha 3 next to zangief. :eyes: Thats more the reason why I thought of the name, was tough, looked like hes on steroids when the shirt ripped off but Kim mentioned something about a fire breathing demon in LOTR called balrog. Thats how all this started :slap:

Seems to those who are familiar with the game/movie etc, refer a balrog to something big and powerfull that kicks ass. Maybe thats why i thought of it for the charger and why it worked so well in my mind + original. Matter of fact, in NSW i can get the rego plates with BALROG, only damn thing nobody has thought of taking which I thought was cool but I aint paying 440 per year to have it