News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

USC's Reggie Bush is the man!!

Started by topduarte, November 20, 2005, 11:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topduarte

Stayed up to watch the Fresno-USC game last night after being at my son's playoff game all day on Saturday and not watching one college game all day.  Great game between the men of Troy and the Bulldogs and boy was I impressed with Reggie Bush.

He had almost 500 total purpose yards (broke the school and Pac-10 recored in that dept.).

I do not know if Fresno State's defense is just weak and they try to outscore you but Reggie mades some moves I have not seen in awhile.  Has an extra gear and showed it in a couple of his runs!!

I am a big time Texas fan and did not know who to root for last night but I certainly give Bush the Heisman edge over Texas' Vince Young.  Young is very good but Bush is simply a step above him.

I cannot wait until it is Texas-USC in the Rose Bowl.

That game will be one of the great ones.  Maybe closer than I predicted awhile back!!

Hook 'em Horns!!!

Steelman

"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"

69_500

I think with the way that game played out for USC, I think they need to really be worried about Texas just rolling over them. Texas has a much stiffer defense than Fresno State, and I think that Texas has a better offense too. So look for Texas to be able to put up 40+ against USC.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69_500 on November 21, 2005, 10:03:25 AM
I think with the way that game played out for USC, I think they need to really be worried about Texas just rolling over them. Texas has a much stiffer defense than Fresno State, and I think that Texas has a better offense too. So look for Texas to be able to put up 40+ against USC.

thats what everyone said about Oklahoma last year.

Texas looks impressive, until you remember that they havent played anyone good yet.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69_500

i didn't think that oaklahoma looked very impressive last year. I didn't think they deserved the shot at the national championship.

Then again i'm just a person in Indiana, and the AP, and BCS don't listen to me.

topduarte

Quote from: Ponch on November 21, 2005, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 21, 2005, 10:03:25 AM

thats what everyone said about Oklahoma last year.

Texas looks impressive, until you remember that they havent played anyone good yet.

So I guess that Ohio St which is #6 in the BCS and Texas Tech which is #16 in the BCS are not good teams in your book??

Yes, USC has played 3 BCS ranked teams (Notre Dame, Oregon and Fresno State) and will play another on Saturday (UCLA).

Big XII has been a disapointment this year as compared to years past.

I guess we will see on January 4, 2006!!! ;D

Vainglory, Esq.

Just a few things.   

One, Reggie Bush had MORE than 500 all purpose yards.   Epic.

Two, Fresno State is for real.   It's not a wonder that their only other loss was a last-second squeaker against a one-loss, possibly BCS bowl bound team.

Three, the defense comparison doesn't work based on stats alone, since Texas and USC haven't shared any opponents this year.   Nevertheless, if you look at the offensive production of the teams in the Pac-10, you'll find that even that conference's cellar dwellers put up more yards than the majority of the Big 12 teams.   So is it offense or defense that's the difference?   Well, over the last three years, the Pac-10 in total has had winning records against the Big-10, SEC, and ACC, which are generally considered the "best" conferences in the nation.   We'll see how it plays out on the field, I guess, but I tend to think that the Pac-10 offenses are so prolific that it just makes the defense look bad; but if you're USC, you can't have all that talent on defense and be sub-par.   On top of that, Reggie Bush's production on Saturday was more than most TEAMS put up.   And USC's overall offensive production is averaging head and shoulders above absolutely everybody else this year.

So anyway, it'll be interesting.   And Reggie is the man.

I'm done.

topduarte

Quote from: Vainglory on November 21, 2005, 09:32:43 PM
Just a few things.   

One, Reggie Bush had MORE than 500 all purpose yards.   Epic.

Two, Fresno State is for real.   It's not a wonder that their only other loss was a last-second squeaker against a one-loss, possibly BCS bowl bound team.

Three, the defense comparison doesn't work based on stats alone, since Texas and USC haven't shared any opponents this year.   Nevertheless, if you look at the offensive production of the teams in the Pac-10, you'll find that even that conference's cellar dwellers put up more yards than the majority of the Big 12 teams.   So is it offense or defense that's the difference?   Well, over the last three years, the Pac-10 in total has had winning records against the Big-10, SEC, and ACC, which are generally considered the "best" conferences in the nation.   We'll see how it plays out on the field, I guess, but I tend to think that the Pac-10 offenses are so prolific that it just makes the defense look bad; but if you're USC, you can't have all that talent on defense and be sub-par.   On top of that, Reggie Bush's production on Saturday was more than most TEAMS put up.   And USC's overall offensive production is averaging head and shoulders above absolutely everybody else this year.

So anyway, it'll be interesting.   And Reggie is the man.

I'm done.

Actually, Texas is the No. 1 scoring team after this weekend:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/statistics

Texas is No.2 in rushing and USC No.5.  In passing, USC is No.5 and Texas No.36

Overall, USC is No. 1 in total offensive yardage at 579.2 ypg and Texas is No.2 at 534.9 ypg.

Defensively, Texas in No. 6 in yards per game given up and USC is No. 43 in yards per game given up.

In scoring defense, Texas is No. 5 and USC No. 32!!!

Interesting!!! ;D

Vainglory, Esq.

Yes, it will be interesting, but I said offensive production.  That meant yards of total offense, and USC has been on top all year long, even on top of Texas Tech, whose yards are always inflated (kind of like their ranking). :P

69_500

I'm not a fan of either team, just an outside observor. I had only seen Fresno State play one other game before the one against USC and  they didn't look that good in that game to me. Their offense looked prolific against USC however. Reggie Bush did have a great game, however I don't think he would put up that kind of numbers against a Texas team.

69_500

Just curious as to why no one posted anything more about USC after the title game? Bush had a good game but USC came up short. I missed the boat on this one I said Texas would roll, and put up 40+ points. They didn't roll, but did put up the points.

So the question is, was it a bigger upset for Texas to beat USC who the national media was hailing as the 2nd greatest team of all time? Or for the Colts to get beat at home by the Steerlers yesterday?

topduarte

Quote from: 69_500 on January 16, 2006, 09:42:30 AM
Just curious as to why no one posted anything more about USC after the title game? Bush had a good game but USC came up short. I missed the boat on this one I said Texas would roll, and put up 40+ points. They didn't roll, but did put up the points.

So the question is, was it a bigger upset for Texas to beat USC who the national media was hailing as the 2nd greatest team of all time? Or for the Colts to get beat at home by the Steerlers yesterday?

I do not think it was an upset of neither games.  I knew Texas was going to pull it out (even though it was a nail biter) and was hoping that Peyton and the Colts got it handed to them by the Steeler defense!! 
All I hear now form the USC/LA people is the crickets chirping in the distance(crickets do chirp, right???)))

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

TEXAS LONGHORNS, 2005 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPS!!!!!

Vainglory, Esq.

USC - 11 national championships; Texas - 2

USC - 7 Heisman winners; Texas - 2

USC - 21 Rose Bowl wins; Texas - 2

In all bowl history, USC has the highest win percentage at .651 of ANY team with 20 or more appearances, and the second highest total bowl wins at 28 (behind 'Bama at 29).  Texas is not on the top 5 list AT ALL.

In the history of USC vs. Texas, USC has won - 4; Texas - 1

USC vs. Big-12 win percentage - 78%; Texas vs. Pac-10 - 62%

How do you like those crickets?  Gee, I guess one game doesn't make Texas a dominant team, especially not compared to USC.  Respectable?  Sure, especially this year.  Dominant?  Please.

And the crickets march on. :icon_smile_big:

USC Trojans, 1928, 1931, 1932, 1939, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1978, 2003, 2004  COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPS!!!!!

69_500

I do believe the whole scenario on ESPN the whole week was how the 2005 USC team was supposed to be the 2nd greatest team ever. And that Texas wasn't even close. Guess the game proved that one wrong. That is why they play the game, and not just look at paper and stat's to determine a National Champion.

ramminon

in 2003 mwho was the BCS champ ?????    not usc but LSU !!!!!!!!
1973 Charger Work in Progress

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: ramminon on January 18, 2006, 04:43:21 AM
in 2003 mwho was the BCS champ ?????    not usc but LSU !!!!!!!!

Since when was the AP championship illegitimate?  And I seem to recall that several of the voters in the BCS poll who were contracually obligated to give the championship to LSU actually chose USC.  Things that make you go hmmmm....

topduarte

Quote from: Vainglory on January 17, 2006, 07:39:53 PM
USC - 11 national championships; Texas - 2

USC - 7 Heisman winners; Texas - 2

USC - 21 Rose Bowl wins; Texas - 2

In all bowl history, USC has the highest win percentage at .651 of ANY team with 20 or more appearances, and the second highest total bowl wins at 28 (behind 'Bama at 29).  Texas is not on the top 5 list AT ALL.

In the history of USC vs. Texas, USC has won - 4; Texas - 1

USC vs. Big-12 win percentage - 78%; Texas vs. Pac-10 - 62%

How do you like those crickets?  Gee, I guess one game doesn't make Texas a dominant team, especially not compared to USC.  Respectable?  Sure, especially this year.  Dominant?  Please.

And the crickets march on. :icon_smile_big:

USC Trojans, 1928, 1931, 1932, 1939, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1978, 2003, 2004  COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPS!!!!!

I knew that was going to come from you.  You guys can never admit when you lose, always have to bring up the past.  a month ago you were talking about the present not the past and now that you got your asses handed to you by Vince, you bring up the past????  Accept losing and that Vince showed Reggie who should have really won the Heisman!!

Corrections, TEXAS HAS 4 national titles 63, 69, 70 and now 2005!!

Hesiman trophy winners should be 6 to 3 after this years voting!!
How the hell can you compare Rose Bowl wins when we have been there only twice I believe and won both of them!! ;D 
Actually bama has 30 wins in bowl games!

You usc guys are all the same, cannot admit us Texas boys beat your pansy asses on your so called home turf!! :yesnod:

usc is 21-9 at the Rose Bowl for a 70% winning percentage.  I think Texas' 100% winning percentage is better than 70% at the Rose Bowl the last time I checked!!

I never mentioned dominant so do not mention that and accept that the so called most dominant team in college football lost to a very good Texas team!!

Take it like a man and accept defeat!!! ::)

Steelman

Again,Bush will hold out for BIG BUCKS, than come in the season after missing training camp,he won't be in game shape to play with the big boys,(this is not college kids here),he'll get hurt and be done.
"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"