News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Glove box

Started by twodko, July 18, 2009, 07:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

I'm sure its something simple but I'm just not seeing it. Before I can pull the heater box out of my '69 don't I need to remove the glove box first? If so, can somebody tell me how its done? Thanks.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Just 6T9 CHGR

The glove box liner has "folds" built into the sides of it so you can unscrew it & flatten it to take it out from the front (door has to come off first)
The folds resemble the folds in a paper bag....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

Thanks for that Chris. I noticed the folds at the courtesy light end of the box but the fuse block cover at the other end had me stumped. I tried to fold the courtesy light end but after 40 years the whole liner is fragile and dry as a bone. I'm embarrassed to admit I trashed the liner attempting to remove it. On to plan B.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

maxwellwedge

They are tough to remove without ripping them. You need to go slow and be patient. Take some pics of the door before you remove it - Buggers make you scratch your head a little putting them back on.  :icon_smile_big:

Chatt69chgr

Mine was dry as a bone and even though I tried to be careful getting it out I ended up tearing it up.  New ones only cost about $20.

maxwellwedge

New ones aren't the original though. I try to keep everything the car was born with when possible......But that's me!  ;D

jaak

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 29, 2009, 07:00:22 PM
New ones aren't the original though. I try to keep everything the car was born with when possible......But that's me!  ;D

Jason

maxwellwedge