News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Walter Cronkite Died

Started by 72chargerSE, July 17, 2009, 08:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72chargerSE

Sad day...I grew up watching the news from him.

A383Wing

TUFCAT

As a kid, I always thought he was a mean and grumpy. I never understood the hype. I totally missed the warmth and compassion...

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Landonsrt

Is it just me or is everyone that has been on tv for more than 30 years dropping like flies???

A383Wing

Quote from: Landonsrt on July 17, 2009, 10:18:29 PM
Is it just me or is everyone that has been on tv for more than 30 years dropping like flies???

yea...lost count lately...seems like almost 10 or so in the last month...started off with David Carradine I think

69*F5*SE

"And that's the way it is"  as Walter would always say at the end of his stories.

TruckDriver

I thought he was dead like a few years ago already........ seriously :shruggy:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Tilar

I grew up watching him and remember him reporting on JFK and Vietnam and a number of elections. "And that's the way it is" was heard almost every night, but I too thought he was already dead.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 17, 2009, 09:10:51 PM
As a kid, I always thought he was a mean and grumpy. I never understood the hype. I totally missed the warmth and compassion...

That's because you're probably comparing him to the narcissists that make up the majority of reporters.

I remember the unrehearsed emotion when he reported JFK's death and the moon landing.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

chargergirl

Walter was a household name and the news was as he said every day. He was there when we were fairly grounded...then we made it to the moon. He passed when his favorite thing had it's anniversary...the lunar landing. I remember my mother flipped out and called my aunt, her sister, the day Kennedy died. I was pretty young...but he hesitated, my mother didn't breath for a moment then ran upstairs and called her sister. I was pretty young then. It was pretty upsetting.
Trust your Woobie!

Tilar

I was pretty young then too, 1st grade actually. I was standing in the cafeteria when they came over the loud speaker and told everyone that he had been shot. The lady was crying over the speaker. It wasn't long after that the principle came over and said he had died and that they were sending us all home early.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TUFCAT

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 18, 2009, 05:53:01 PM

That's because you're probably comparing him to the narcissists that make up the majority of reporters.

Charlie Gibson is not narcissistic at all.