News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

360 motor mounts

Started by charger_cody, July 18, 2009, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

Ok im finnaly geting to the point to where i actually want to put the engine in. I bought some motor mounts from o reilys Because my old ones were from the 318 i ripped out of the car. I set the motor mounts next to where they are supposed to go and there is like a 1-2 inch gap on the back side. Is there some kind of spacer or something that im missing?

And if there is may i please have a pic???

Thanks in advance guys at dc.com =]

Cody

jaak

Cody, read this concerning 318 and 340/360 motor mounts, good info.
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3733538&an=0&page=1#Post3733538

You can use the 318 motor mounts...you just need to install washers (or spacer) to fill the space. I just removed my engine to paint it, when re-installing it, I used a set of 318 mounts I had in my shop, just because they were in alot better shape, like I said you just need to install the washers on the drivers side rear.

Here's a pic from moparts 360 with 318 mount....

charger_cody

Is that washer/spacer made specifically for this motor/mount?

Cody

jaak

Quote from: charger_cody on July 19, 2009, 04:25:47 PM
Is that washer/spacer made specifically for this motor/mount?

Cody

No....because the mount is intended for a 318 which had a thicker mounting ear, it did not have one. the 360 had a thinner ear (as in the pic I posted) and had a different mount. Just go to the hardware store and get you a spacer the correct length or just washers the right thickness and the 318 mount will work. I used 3 thick washers I had laying around and that did the trick.

Jason

C_stripes

Charger Cody, how much were the motor mounts? I need to get some for mine.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

charger_cody

Quote from: C_stripes on July 19, 2009, 08:40:24 PM
Charger Cody, how much were the motor mounts? I need to get some for mine.

Well this was at a local parts store so it  may differ. I thikn mine were around 21 each???

Cody

C_stripes

Any way I could get some pics please?

maxwellwedge

That whole thing looks like a jack-leg operation to me. I think it would put some stress on the casting. There are a million 360's out there - can't you guys find the one side at a wreckers?

jaak

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 20, 2009, 01:15:00 PM
That whole thing looks like a jack-leg operation to me. I think it would put some stress on the casting. There are a million 360's out there - can't you guys find the one side at a wreckers?
::)

C_stripes

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 20, 2009, 01:15:00 PM

If you can find me one, I would be very great full. Around here, they won't just sell you a mount.