News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air Conditioner question

Started by elanmars, July 17, 2009, 11:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

Might be a stupid question, I don't know-I found someone selling a 318, that comes with trans, radiator, other extra stuff, including a working A/C unit. This is from a 87 Ram-Charger.

Would that A/C unit work on my '69?

No big deal if it doesn't, 'cause then I'd just go ahead and order from classic auto air (by the way, I don't know if this makes any difference, my car was originally an A/C car but they changed the console-dash later on for that of a non A/C car, I have the vents in an "extra stuff" box I got).
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

The70RT

Quote from: elanmars on July 17, 2009, 11:44:12 PM
Might be a stupid question, I don't know-I found someone selling a 318, that comes with trans, radiator, other extra stuff, including a working A/C unit. This is from a 87 Ram-Charger.

Would that A/C unit work on my '69?

No big deal if it doesn't, 'cause then I'd just go ahead and order from classic auto air (by the way, I don't know if this makes any difference, my car was originally an A/C car but they changed the console-dash later on for that of a non A/C car, I have the vents in an "extra stuff" box I got).

Of course you can make any fit. Is it a dual piston like the original?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

My car is an A/C car also.  Being a slightly driven classic I mounted the pump but kept the hoses off.  My heater and A/C units are not working.  I worried about the car running to hot with it on so decided not to spend a fortune hooking it up.  Keeping the heater hoses blocked also keeps the inside cooler.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.