News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint for "plastic" interior

Started by Moparkat, July 13, 2009, 06:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparkat

I am working on my 74 Charger with a "beer budget".  I know I can buy new panels for the interior but that price is not in my budget right now.  I have pulled all my metal trim and painted it but I am looking for a paint that will stick to the lower door panels.  Any suggestions?
I have a "play" car to try out different types of paint. So far not so good.

Just 6T9 CHGR

SEM Paint...get it at your local body shop supply paint store...

http://semproducts.com/Catalog.asp?prod=190
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jaak

:iagree:
SEM is great stuff, used it for years when I was detailing. Here is a 73 lower door panel changed from green to white using SEM.

Jason

bull

Is there anything but SEM? I've never used anything else and I don't see a reason to start now.

jaak

Quote from: bull on July 19, 2009, 07:00:41 PM
Is there anything but SEM? I've never used anything else and I don't see a reason to start now.

True that! One time I used that cheep "dupli-color" interior dye from AutoZone on an S-10 4x4 beater I had one time. Prepped real good, like always, and it started peeling/flaking in just a few months...never wasted my money on it again. SEM is the only way to go.

Jason