News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pushrod assembly, which where what??

Started by mysil bergsprekken, July 14, 2009, 09:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysil bergsprekken

here is the deal...
I bought a brake booster for my 69 charger RT from YR1. But I have problems finding out which way the loose pieces go together. There is the pieces in the picture shown and a round bendt metal plate that is loose within the booster.

How do I put these pieces of the pushrod together? What goes where.

See the round thick piece in my hand in pic 1 and 2, which way should I slide it on the pushrod?

thanks for your helping advice on this one.
69 charger RT

Just 6T9 CHGR

Huh?  Really shouldnt be any "loose" pieces....what style booster is it?  Post up full pics of it...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mysil bergsprekken

here is some pics of the brake booste new and old. I am pretty sure that the old one was the original one....
69 charger RT

mysil bergsprekken

my guess is that (well I'm pretty sure) this is the Midland-Ross brake booster, with a single diaphragm.

I can't find it on YR1 anymore, but here is another place that has it.
http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/product1460.html
69 charger RT

mysil bergsprekken

It should be an easy fix, for someone who has done this before, to know how to assemble the pushrod-parts???
anybody?
69 charger RT

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mysil bergsprekken

booster dewey, that seems like a good place to ask, but luckily I got help from mark at "mbmbrakeboosters" today, he sendt me this pdf. And then I can be certain that I mounted it correctly. Thanks for your advice anyways, NOT Just 6T9 CHGR  !!

Hopefully I can get this booster and my MC painlessly back into the car soon. Getting eager to drive it again ;)
69 charger RT