News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Scott Speicher finally coming home!!!

Started by HDCharger, August 05, 2009, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDCharger

As some of you know I am in Iraq and I work in Personnel Recovery (Finding our POWs/MIAs).  I can say that after more than 18 years we found him and he is finally going home.  There is not enough words to express how I feel about the almost 200 Marines, Soldiers who risked their lives and spent over 8 days in the middle of the desert in 120-130 degree heat sifting through over 300 tons of dirt and sand to bring a fallen comrade home.  It makes me proud to be an American and I am certainly proud to have been a part of it.  Now were on to find the others.  I will be back in the US in late September.  Dave

Well I am guessing there are some who don't know who Scott Speicher is?  Well he was the first casulty in the first Gulf War.  Missing since 1991 when his plane was shot down.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

Blown70

Saw this in the news.  Did not know you were part of that..

:patriot: :patriot:

Charger74

Quote from: HDCharger on August 05, 2009, 12:32:15 PM
As some of you know I am in Iraq and I work in Personnel Recovery (Finding our POWs/MIAs).  I can say that after more than 18 years we found him and he is finally going home.  There is not enough words to express how I feel about the almost 200 Marines, Soldiers who risked their lives and spent over 8 days in the middle of the desert in 120-130 degree heat sifting through over 300 tons of dirt and sand to bring a fallen comrade home.  It makes me proud to be an American and I am certainly proud to have been a part of it.  Now were on to find the others.  I will be back in the US in late September.  Dave

Well I am guessing there are some who don't know who Scott Speicher is?  Well he was the first casulty in the first Gulf War.  Missing since 1991 when his place was shot down.

Glad to hear he is finally coming home.   Nice to know his family will finally have closure on this...

Thanks for the job your doing Dave.

Charger_Fan

That's really awesome that you guys found him & are bringing him back home! :patriot: I can only imagine that the job was akin to the 'ol needle in a (sweltering) haystack.

Was he with his plane wreckage, or did he bail out, or can you not say? :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jaak

Thats great Dave. I know this will give his family much needed closure. Thank you and all the Military for serving our country.

PS--When you get back home, give me a call, I'll come check out your 73, and the 72 ya'll bought from me!

Have a safe trip home,
Jason

71ChallengeHer

mack

I'm glad that his parents and family can finally say good bye. I never served in the military, but in my opinion they are the finest people among us. They are our BEST! RIP Scott.

HDCharger

Thanks Guys/Gals.  I am sorry but I can't give any details.  Dave
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck