News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona clone f6 green

Started by unrulyprocuda, July 15, 2009, 11:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unrulyprocuda

Hey guys im builing a 69 daytona clone from a 70 charger 500 i bought i have been reading alot of chats on here and alot of great info has been talked about what i want to know is why none of you have written a book or dvd on the building process of a clone and a parts list and possible suppliers for people like me just starting out i think it would help others wanting to build a daytona and you could also make some money along the way i know its taken me several months to compile a list of what i need and where i can buy it from to get the best looking clone daytona i can afford luckily my friends are restoring three original daytonas so i have great references to look at im torn though fiberglass or steel i definately want one of danes wings if he will make me one.

Dave Kanofsky

Welcome, and good luck with your build!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hotrod98

Looking forward to future reports of your progress on the project.
How about some details on the build? Interior color, wing color, driveline, etc.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

unrulyprocuda

thanks for your welcome the car is going to be a resto mod slash power tour car it will be a sorta f-6 green new viper pearl green with a pearl white wing and all pearl white interior buckets console i have a hensley racing built 500 stroker  650hp a kiesler automatic overdrive transmission with paddle shifter classic auto air air conditioning air technologies air ride suspension 13" wilwood six piston caliper brakes and billet specialties wheels 22X10 rear and 20x8s front im just collecting parts for the body now so i can get it painted a friend Troy Angelly from Jacobs Angelly restorations will be handeling the painting duties the way i looked at it if your going to build a recreation why not build a bad ass one of your own taste shure i love stock ones but this will be one like you have never seen before

hemigeno

Sounds like an awesome project, and should be a ton of fun to drive!

unrulyprocuda

thats exactly what im shooting for i have a 68 gtx convertible clone i took on part of the power tour this year and had a blast

moparstuart

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on July 16, 2009, 09:34:16 AM
thanks for your welcome the car is going to be a resto mod slash power tour car it will be a sorta f-6 green new viper pearl green with a pearl white wing and all pearl white interior buckets console i have a hensley racing built 500 stroker  650hp a kiesler automatic overdrive transmission with paddle shifter classic auto air air conditioning air technologies air ride suspension 13" wilwood six piston caliper brakes and billet specialties wheels 22X10 rear and 20x8s front im just collecting parts for the body now so i can get it painted a friend Troy Angelly from Jacobs Angelly restorations will be handeling the painting duties the way i looked at it if your going to build a recreation why not build a bad ass one of your own taste shure i love stock ones but this will be one like you have never seen before
very cool  looking foward to seeing your progress , and i love that snake skin green color choice
   please keep us posted with pictures

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Good luck on the creation. Look forward in seeing pics as you go along. It's great you have some buddies with real ones so you can answer questions as they come along...     :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on July 16, 2009, 09:40:30 AM
thats exactly what im shooting for i have a 68 gtx convertible clone i took on part of the power tour this year and had a blast
wow your 68 looks very similar to a local guy here who has a 69 gtx  pro touring  

unrulyprocuda

thats crazy my car actually has magnum 500s on it all the time i just slapped the daytona wheels on it to see what it looked like whats wild is i have never seen another 68 below the doors painted black until i picked up mine thats cool

unrulyprocuda

i see why now his is a 69                     thats still like looking in a mirror almost thanks

moparstuart

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on July 16, 2009, 10:01:13 AM
i see why now his is a 69                     thats still like looking in a mirror almost thanks
more of eds car

moparstuart

:popcrn:  I love the just dashes three pod upper dash  pad , but i'm not spinging the $600.00 to have one made 

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

unrulyprocuda

thats a sweet car thanks for the pics

moparstuart

moparstuart

the motor is huge and it have one of those keisler OD GM automatics  in it

unrulyprocuda

you just had to go and remind us that there is a gm part involved didnt ya unfortunately its the only way to cruise the highway and still have burnout gears

FJMG

Actually there is another way. There was an article in one of the mopar mags. about a shop that cuts the bellh'g off a A518 (or 46re/h) and welds on a bellh'g from a BB727 thus allowing you to bolt up a new gen 727 (w o/d) to an old BB. I thought they were in the midwest?  Maybe Stuart knows?

moparstuart

Quote from: FJMG on July 16, 2009, 11:39:03 AM
Actually there is another way. There was an article in one of the mopar mags. about a shop that cuts the bellh'g off a A518 (or 46re/h) and welds on a bellh'g from a BB727 thus allowing you to bolt up a new gen 727 (w o/d) to an old BB. I thought they were in the midwest?  Maybe Stuart knows?
there are a few different ways to go ,  Passion does manual ? ,  also gear vendor OD's are popular also and not as much banging on the tranny tunnel  , I know ed's tranny tunnel is heavily modified to fit the gm trans

unrulyprocuda

Bowler is the company that you are thinking of its more for the bowler than the kiesler aod that i have already purchased the gear vendors shaft makes the trans to long and to much modification the bowler uses a 700r4 with mopar bellhousing but cost about 1500.00 more than the kiesler with all the bells and whistles nobody has an all mopar solution just yet.that i know of i guess its like japanese parts on a harley even though its wrong its still cool

moparstuart

http://www.smrtrans.com/

these guys do it  not sure if they will work

I think there was a guy in iowa doing it also but i cant seem to find them anymore

FJMG

Found an old ad in dec. 08 MCG on pg. 59 to convert the new dodge O/D (which is just a SB727 w o/d)

tranztech.com
380 E 30th st.
Dubuque, IA
563 582 5876

Hopefully they are still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJMG on July 16, 2009, 12:27:51 PM
Found an old ad in dec. 08 MCG on pg. 59 to convert the new dodge O/D (which is just a SB727 w o/d)

tranztech.com
380 E 30th st.
Dubuque, IA
563 582 5876

Hopefully they are still around.
yes thats who i was thinking of