News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Have you seen this hood on ebay?

Started by E5 Charger, July 15, 2009, 11:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

This can't be true! I'm sure it's a custom and not factory. But he does say it's rare.  :rofl:
Check it out it's Item number: 190320008899

A383Wing

factory for Roadrunner I believe... forget what exact year

Brock Samson

the spine down the middle is not stock... compare,.. mine is stock...
notice also the slight point in front, stock is a straight right angle from side to side.
the cowl vents are also clearly different.

ok i went to look at the hood 'n he writes:
"Up for bids is a ('74) Charger Hood that is made to look like a GTX-Road Runner I belive this was a special order from the factory. This is very clean having no rust or damage. This is factory hood scoops and is very rare."
rare as in one of a kind I bet,.. plymouth '71/72 side scoops on a mid '70s charger hood..
here's the ad.
  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190320008899&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2F__%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp284.m39.l1313%26_nkw%3D190320008899%26_sacat%3D%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

case closed..  :yesnod:

Rallye

Looks like a '73 Charger hood that was modified with the Road Runner/GTX scoops.  I've never seen or heard of this as a rare facory option, but it's an interesting idea to spruce up a flat hood.
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

Old Moparz

I say it was a custom made hood as well, not factory. If there were photos of the underside, you might be able to see where metal was grafted.

I think it looks pretty good though.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Highbanked Hauler

looks like a bodyman had some spare time on his hands. I thought of doing something similar on the hood of my 92 Ram as the hood needs work anyway.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Brock Samson

to me mixing plymouth and dodge styleing ques seems not quite right,..
BTW: i belive some of the early-mid '70s dodge trucks had some sort of similar side scoop indents,..

kab69440

I have a 69 Charger hood with a 70 Runner bulge that is just as rare...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

E5 Charger

It's also not a 74 with those cowl vents. I kind of like the look, it's interesting what people can do. Not a great photo, but it looks like they did a good job.

moparstuart

if you have enought money , you can build just about anything you want

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: kab69440 on July 16, 2009, 08:09:13 PM
Pic?  :popcrn:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  not sure whos car  this is Hemi geno post it in my birdible thread a couple years ago
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on July 18, 2009, 10:23:05 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  not sure whos car  this is Hemi geno post it in my birdible thread a couple years ago

I actually like that Stuart...wish I coulda done something like that for the purple Daytona...

kab69440

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 18, 2009, 06:14:26 AM
Quote from: kab69440 on July 16, 2009, 08:09:13 PM
Pic?  :popcrn:

I've linked several pics, but haven't a clue which threads they're in, so I guess I'll link again...

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Daytona R/T SE

I made a hood for my '72 Charger useing the bulge and scoops from a Challenger hood.

Here's a pic:

Ghoste

That looks a lot better than I would have thought.  Don't know why I should be surprised though with some of the commonality between the E and B body platforms at that time period.

BROCK

I too like the 72 with a Chally hood scoop :yesnod:
I would like to see it with the 70 Charger indents.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

kab69440

Quote from: BROCK on July 20, 2009, 01:12:48 AM
I too like the 72 with a Chally hood scoop :yesnod:
I would like to see it with the 70 Charger indents.

If any 3rd Gen nut would like to do one with 68-69 indents, let me know. I have a pair for naught but shipping costs.

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

Charger_Fan

KAB, that hood you made looks great! :thumbs:

Since we're on the subject, I'm gonna post some hood pics from my stash. There was a guy here a while back who was selling this car. The hood looks pretty good. :)

Here's a shaker pic that someone posted some time ago, I forget who.

Cris G. posted this one, it may be the same car as pictured above.

This Coronet R/T scoop is still one of my top 3 favorites.

This Chally T/A scoop is another on my top 3 list. Belongs to "Mikes68charger".

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ODZKing

This Charger is in New Zealand.  I would love to duplicate this scoop.  It was made from scratch.

66chargerkid

Well if you get dimensions let me know cause that hoodscoop is AWESOME!
Exactly what I want for my car =)

kab69440

Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 21, 2009, 02:06:32 PM
KAB, that hood you made looks great! :thumbs:

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny