News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Suspension suggestions for a 67. Also props to Musicman.

Started by chargerman67, July 14, 2009, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman67

I am curious as to what you all would recommend for steering/suspension upgrades. What you would recommend doing first for safety reasons and overall handling improvements? My father replaced all bushings and stuff about 10 years ago. That's the only thing that has been done. The steering has a lot of play. When I get on it pretty hard it launches very well and handles fine, but once I let off the gas it all of a sudden sways back and forth. Almost to a point where it seems unsafe.  :shruggy:
   Any suggestions, thoughts, advice, or theories would be great.  :yesnod:

I also want to give props to Musicman for helping me out on my front disk brake swap. It went very smooth and stops great. He's the man to go to and knows his stuff. Thanks again Mike, You helped me BIGTIME!  :2thumbs:
67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

ChgrSteve67

front and rear sway bars
http://www.firmfeel.com/swaybars_b.htm
I installed the rear.  Have not gotten to replcing the front yet.

A new steering box, stock or firm feel. Either is good with me.

Frame Rails from
http://www.uscartool.com/Bframeconn/index.html

If your bushings are good then a front end alignment should do it.

Big Sugar knows alot about suspension so hopefully he will chime in.

Steve

Big Sugar

If you looking for an cost effective upgrade PST has what you need,
Firm Feel would be my second Choice,
Then spend a bit more and go Full Hotchkis Suspension.

Want More ? RMS Alterkation/Strret Lynks.

Don't forget a rim /tire upgrade.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b