News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best route across the country... READY TO ROLL!!!

Started by NYCMille, July 13, 2009, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

we should be there by 7 pm brother  call me on my cell if it gets really bad

816-935-1246

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on July 27, 2009, 04:00:47 PM
we should be there by 7 pm brother  call me on my cell if it gets really bad

816-935-1246

10-4  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

Don't you guys use Mike all up and send him to us in Vegas all drained.   :icon_smile_big:    Have fun guys.    :cheers:    What's the weather like ?  It's going to be 105 plus on thursday and 110 degrees today.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

Quote from: skip68 on July 27, 2009, 04:06:50 PM
Don't you guys use Mike all up and send him to us in Vegas all drained.   :icon_smile_big:    Have fun guys.    :cheers:    What's the weather like ?  It's going to be 105 plus on thursday and 110 degrees today.

Hey Chuck. It is like only upper 80's with storms about. It has been rather nice around here the last couple weeks. We had lows in the 50's last week. It has been one of the coolest summers i have ever seen around here.  :icon_smile_big: Globlal warming huh  :laugh:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MOPARHOUND!

Looks like the 71 Charger R/T will be ready to make the run from Kansas Speedway to Topeka.  Wife and little boy will be along.

Look forward to seeing everyone.   :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

The70RT

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on July 27, 2009, 04:16:17 PM
Looks like the 71 Charger R/T will be ready to make the run from Kansas Speedway to Topeka.  Wife and little boy will be along.

Look forward to seeing everyone.   :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

:2thumbs: and  :brickwall:

skip68

Looks like a few bad cells.  Make sure the wipers are working good.   :2thumbs:

The70RT

You guys probably left by now. If it goes down 70 i will call You (Stuart)

UNTIL 445 PM CDT * AT 417 PM CDT...THE PUBLIC REPORTED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM PRODUCING DESTRUCTIVE WINDS IN EXCESS OF 65 MPH 5 MILES WEST OF FORBES FIELD. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR PAULINE...OR 8 MILES SOUTH OF TOPEKA...MOVING EAST AT 5 MPH. * LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... SOUTH TOPEKA... PAULINE... BERRYTON... RICHLAND... THIS INCLUDES THE KANSAS TURNPIKE BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 167 AND 184. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... STRONG DAMAGING WINDS ARE LIKELY FROM THIS STORM. TAKE COVER INSIDE A BUILDING.

skip68

Watch for tornado's.   Take cover and be careful guys.   Keep us posted. 

The70RT

Hopefully this all passes soon  :P

SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ALERT FOR SHAWNEE COUNTY...
THROUGH 515 PM CDT...A CLUSTER OF THUNDERSTORMS WILL MOVE EAST AT 5 MPH ACROSS PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AND EAST TOPEKA AND EASTERN SHAWNEE COUNTY. TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED THIS CLUSTER OF STORMS WAS PRODUCING PENNY SIZE HAIL AND STRONG WINDS OF 40 TO 50 MPH. VERY HEAVY RAINFALL IS ALSO REPORTED WITH THESE STORMS...BE ALERT FOR PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS. SOME LOCATIONS THAT COULD BE AFFECTED INCLUDE CENTRAL AND EAST TOPEKA AND BERRYTON. MOTORISTS ALONG THE KANSAS TURNPIKE BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 175 AND 184 COULD ALSO BE AFFECTED. THIS REPLACES THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM

vegasmike

You guy's better have a squirt bottle filled with ice water when you roll into Vegas and a cooler filled with water.... It was 113* where I was working today @ I/15 & Cheyenne... It was brutal.     :eek2:

RD

just got back from meeting with everyone.  it was a really good time, mike is everything i expected of him and more.  couldnt have met a "nicer" new yorker though he is "mr. angry".  only got one pic of the car, but i am sure stu will chime in with a plethora.  the local tv station did finally show up (thank God! as i pestered them all weekend and today).

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

The70RT

Everything RD said about Mike and John, they are stand up guys. More like a small car show too. Got a few pics for ya.

The70RT

:icon_smile_big:

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

skip68

Steve P.

Looks like people are afraid to talk to them.. Didn't see a single beer either...  

Come on down to Florida Mike.  We'll party.................     :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

Mike, what time are you guys trying to be in bed by every night ?   Is 11pm to late ?    :shruggy:   

69bronzeT5

Looks like a great time everyone is having :cheers: Keep on coming with the pictures everybody :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

tan top

yep agreed .... keep the pictures coming & updates  :yesnod:  would love to do something like that one day :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

sixty8charger

:popcrn: the anticipation of watching this thread...  reminds me of the "Angier" Build...  i would check everyday waiting to see the pictures!!(almost done guys..  1 more week..  1 more week)   drives across America are always facinating.. i can only imagine how much more extreme the experience is while driving the Charger!  keep the pictures(and stories to the pictures) coming!    :2thumbs:
Jayson

moparstuart

I will post tons of pictures tonight , I have to totally agree with everyone else Mike is a great guy and just a down to earth person to be around .  We had a blast hanging with him and john all afternoon and evening . My son ian has adopted John the wrench as his new father .  :smilielol:

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NYCMille

Hey Everyone -

I want to post up and thank everyone for a wonderful evening and reception in Topeka, KS last night. We rolled into Stu's shop around 3:15pm - I knew it immediately because of the Super Bird convertible parked out front. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is one BAD ASS automobile. We then met up with Dennis, Lonne and bunch of others for some dinner in Topeka and spent the majority of the evening just BS'ing in the parking lot about cars, life and how big Kansas is.

A bunch of beautiful cars showed up last night and the best part was, IT WAS RAINING! I mean that wasn't the best part, but was just so cool to see that these cars are in fact driven and seeing them in the rain was just kinda' cool to me... Call me crazy. We are now headed out to Boulder. CO via I-70. So if anyone happens to see us please just PM me.

Again, on behalf of myself and Johnny - THANK YOU for a great time last night and I look forward to talking with everyone again soon.

Mike & Johnny. :2thumbs:

BB1

I had to work last night. Man the rain was ridiculous.
Those were my buds you hung with last night. Weird aren't they.  :smilielol:

Good luck with the drive.
Delete my profile