News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best route across the country... READY TO ROLL!!!

Started by NYCMille, July 13, 2009, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

I'd like to ask for everyone's help on a project. In about two weeks I'll be driving the Charger across the country and I want the route to be planned around car shows, cruise nights and or anything automotive. The events can contain exotics, imports or muscle it doesn't matter, it just has to be automotive related. I can't give out the specifics about why I'm doing the drive just yet, but lets just say it's pretty friggin' cool. I'll be leaving from NYC with my co-driver on Sat. July 25th with the final destination being Hot August Nights in Reno, NV on Thurs. Aug. 6th. Then the following week onto Monterey, CA for Pebble Beach.

What I want to know, and this is where I need the help, is what does everyone think is the best route? One of our goals is to get others to "latch-on" to us, so to speak and possibly drive one or more of the legs with us. Doesn't matter what car you have or how far you go, just know that if you jump on the caravan, it will be known.

So with all that being said, tell me where across the country ya'll live, when the best cruise nights are and help me plan a great route to get MR. ANGRY across the USA.

Cheers and thanks - Mike

:2thumbs:

Troy

The Somernites cruise (Kentucky) is a good one but it's on the 25th and only comes around once per month. If you're near Cincinnati on a Friday the weekly cruise on the east side typically has 500-600 cars. In this area there's a cruise-in every night of the week somewhere but none are as big as the Friday/Saturday night editions (but some attract up to 100-200 cars depending on the weather). You'll probably want to be past here by the next weekend (August 1-2) but if you're close during the week I'd ride along for a little while.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twinscrew698

Here is nice cruise in on Tuesdays just east of Cleveland off of Rt 422 and Harper Rd.
Don't know what route you will travel but here is info.
http://www.rnrcsm.com/tues_cruise.php

Old Moparz

I have an uncle in Kansas & he had always liked those little Metropolitan cars. You can always hook up with the Nash Metropolitan Club's local chapter in Lenexa, Kansas & have them cruise along.  :2thumbs:

Although, I have a feeling that once you pull out of the parking lot they won't be able to keep up with you after 100 feet or so.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

come through Kansas City  we will find a cruise  what ever night your coming through   :2thumbs:

we are right on I-70 good route
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemidog

NYCMille

ANGRIER just got shipped to CA - we're bringing it to Hot August Nights in Reno as well as Pebble Beach. I'm driving MR. ANGRY out there though. Just ordering some new parts before though before the trip, nothing major, just some new springs and such - maybe a few other items as well...   ;)

PocketThunder

Quote from: NYCMille on July 14, 2009, 10:15:16 AM
ANGRIER just got shipped to CA - we're bringing it to Hot August Nights in Reno as well as Pebble Beach. I'm driving MR. ANGRY out there though. Just ordering some new parts before though before the trip, nothing major, just some new springs and such - maybe a few other items as well...   ;)

Gonna give those new seat covers a good breakin in...?..??   :icon_smile_big:

You can come through Minneapolis but its probably out of your intended route.   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

Well... that's just it, I don't have an intended route. My route will be based on car shows, cruise nights or gatherings from around the country. I want every evening stop to end at a car show of some type - big or small, it doesn't really matter. Also, there will be a contest held on a yet undisclosed website for those who actually "see" MR. ANGRY heading across the country and snap a pic. The Charger will be fully stickered up with a big MR. ANGRY decal on the roof, some big ole' numbers on the side and big "TEAM ANGRY" decals on the rear quarters.

The key is to get us from NYC to RENO, NV for Hot August Nights by August 5th.

Right now we're prepping the Charger is 3rd cross country trip in 3 years... should be fun.  :2thumbs:

So seriously everyone, give me some suggestions...

SFRT

im in san francisco...we dont have a get together until august the 15th here in town, but if your passing thru downtown sf and need to use a lift or wrench on your car your welcome to use the shop. 1488 howard street.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mauve66

no real cruise around here in Las Vegas that i know of but we have a midnight mayhem drag race on 7-31 (probably way too soon for you to be all the way out here) and 8-14 (which is WAY after Pebble Beach)
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

NYCMille

As it stands now my travel dates are:

Departure from NYC: July 25th
Arrive in Reno: August 6th.

captnsim

I think you need to pick the states or areas you will be stopping in at night. (ie: make a basic route)  From there do a search online for cruise nights in those areas/states.  :shruggy:  Maybe post the roundabout areas you plan to be stopping at on here to help narrow the search down.  :shruggy:  

Old Moparz

I thought Hemmings used to have an on line schedule of all the car shows & cruises, but I don't see it.  :shruggy:

I used to have a good website bookmarked in my old computer for car shows, but it's gone. This website looks like it might work for what you're trying to do. It has a show & cruise locator based on whatever dates & state you select.

http://www.hubcapcafe.com/calendar/ev_index.htm
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

FLG

twinscrew698

Dont know if this will help or not but here is some ideas in and around Ohio!

http://www.bigalslist.com/

NYCMille

Guys... this is exactly the stuff I'm looking for - thanks and please keep it coming.  :2thumbs:

2Gunz

Bobs Big boy, Burbank California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbAweuH1Vsg

http://events.streetfire.net/events/event.aspx?eventid=1124

Starts around 4 ish on friday.

Unscripted, people just show up.

Id say 40 cars at a time prolly a 100+ throught the night.

If ya show up, Ill come visit.

2Gunz

Speaking of which if you need help in So Cal let me know.

Im about 10 Miles north of LA.

Brock Samson

drive magazine has a pretty complete listing of shows and events it's ussually a handout at shows i'll try to dig up a webite now... got it, list State by stae at the bottom..

http://www.driveonline.com/component/option,com_extcalendar/Itemid,107/

moparstuart

our local associated car clubs of kansas city calender

here are the shows   http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=acckc

for the local cruises  just click on cruise night tab      
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RECHRGD

Mike, this site's show in Kent Wa. is on 7/25, so that's out.  Fastback Jon is putting on his annual Dodge Charger meet right here in beautiful Spokane Wa. on 8/01/09.  So, that one may work.  Jon's shows usually have anywhere from 20 to 40 Chargers and has a cruise afterwords.  There is also nightly cruise-ins at different spots during the summer months along with area shows on the weekends.  Let me know when you get a tentative route down.  Myself and others would love to join your caravan from here to wherever.  You've been through this area before on Bull Run, so you know how scenic the driving is around here.  Hell, maybe I'd even follow you all the way to Reno.  I really need a picture of Mr. Angry and RECHRGD together!
13.53 @ 105.32

skip68

OK Mike, I'll go with ya.  You just need to come to Vegas though.  I'll get Vegas Mike to be my co-pilot.   ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!